Author Topic: no "age of accountability"  (Read 113 times)

Offline marie glen

• Bronze
  • "Of the increase of His government+peace.. no end"
    • Universal R's - Redemption - Reconciliation
no "age of accountability"
« on: June 29, 2015, 05:10:43 PM »
I'm sure this has been brought up - and I don't mean to be coming to the forum and merely posting my random thoughts every once in a while (but for someone who is semi un/self employed, I sure have a lot of  catching up to do after traveling ..and I'm hoping the spirit will allow me to look at the list of discussions here soon!

I'm sure it's been brought up that the "twelve years old, age of accountability" doctrine is not in the bible, but I just had to post about it. Jesus ("the boy Jesus") staying behind at Passover and talking with teachers of the law at the Temple was in my daily readings today. As far as I know this is the only verse which is used to support this doctrine.(?)

But I can't help thinking if et belief and doctrine of "unless reconciliation (faith) occurs before death, one is for ever lost" were truly true, there are no exception clauses to that natural law.. (Since apparently God is unable to do anything about it, it being unavoidable, etc, as the `logic` of the doctrine would go.)

We all know there are a lot more verses than one (discussed here on this forum, for instance) which support Universal Reconciliation as God's Will and Great Plan of Salvation. And I don't think the age of accountability doctrine is the only accepted belief and doctrine which has zero to 1 biblical `support`. Yet UR is so easily dismissed..

:knitting: Take care, God bless!
Jesus said "If I be lifted up from the earth, I will draw all to me" ~ Ps 22:27 says "All the ends of the earth.. will turn to the LORD, every knee shall bow, all tongues confess `Jesus is Lord`" ~ If there's 1000yrs between Trumpets (beginning of the long 2nd advent of Jesus) and DOA/2nd resurrection, then there's 500yrs between DOA and Tabernacles/"God will now tabernacle w/ man"Rev21. For those 500 yrs the HS will convince the world of sin, at the concLusion of, all those (still) not believing will go to "age-lasting"LOF ~ Spring Holy Days fulfilled by 1st advent. (Surely?)Fall ones by 2nd.

Offline Shev

• Snr
    • Christ Will Be All In All
Re: no "age of accountability"
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2015, 05:49:33 PM »
Amen Marie! This false doctrine is only used to avoid drawing the inevitable conclusions of ET...that it is barbaric towards children also. It makes no sense on any level. Firstly, as terrible as this sounds, it would make abortion an act of salvation, as it would give the baby 100% chance of salvation instead of less than 5%. Secondly, so many youngsters have died before this supposed age of accountability throughout history, that it is very likely that FAR more would be saved through being fortunate enough to die young, than by Christ's sacrifice!

This is yet one more element contributing to the utter absurdity and insanity of the ET doctrine.

Offline micah7:9

• Gold
  • Mic 7:8 Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine ene
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2015, 06:36:59 PM »
 :happyclap: Amen
Mic 7:8  Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine enemy, When I have fallen, I have risen, When I sit in darkness Jehovah is a light to me.

Offline eaglesway

• < Moderator >
  • Grace & Peace be multiplied unto you, in Jesus
    • Hell is a Myth.com
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2015, 07:24:45 PM »
There are accounts of mother's who killed their children so they wouldnt grow up and go to hell. And if ET were real, such a woman would be a hero  :doh:.
The Logos is complete, but it is not completely understood. www.hellisamyth.com

Offline Lazarus Short

• Bronze
  • The truth points to itself. -Kosh Naranek
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2015, 07:53:12 PM »
Marie Glen, you've made a brilliant connection!  :gimmefive:
Socrates taught Plato.  Plato taught Aristotle.  Aristotle tutored the son of Philip of Macedon.  This boy grew up to become Alexander the Great, largely by slaughtering a lot of people.  That's philosophy.

Jesus spoke the Truth.  He blessed the poor.  He healed the sick.  He even raised the dead.  He died on a cross for us, lived again, and came back long enough to tell us to love one another.  That's religion.

Offline Searching_For_The_Truth

• Est
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2015, 02:20:40 AM »
Amen Marie! This false doctrine is only used to avoid drawing the inevitable conclusions of ET...that it is barbaric towards children also. It makes no sense on any level. Firstly, as terrible as this sounds, it would make abortion an act of salvation, as it would give the baby 100% chance of salvation instead of less than 5%. Secondly, so many youngsters have died before this supposed age of accountability throughout history, that it is very likely that FAR more would be saved through being fortunate enough to die young, than by Christ's sacrifice!

This is yet one more element contributing to the utter absurdity and insanity of the ET doctrine.

:goodpost: