Author Topic: "God doesn't hear your praise! Not if you have sin in your life."  (Read 102 times)

Offline Searching_For_The_Truth

• Full
This morning I read an article where a preacher went to a college and homosexual protestors were chanting "Jesus loves everybody" and the pastor said something along the lines of " No, you don't believe in Christians, Jesus said, if you love me, keep my commandments. You sinners don't love Jesus. You sinners hate Jesus!God doesn't hear your praise! Not if you have sin in your life. He won't forgive if you have sin in your life. "  When I read the comments for that articles, they were talking about how our society rejects true hellfire preachers and true love is preaching the truth to all and that if the apostles and Steven preached a gospel of love/inclusiveness they wouldn't have been stoned to death.

I was wondering how all of you would respond to an ET'er who says that if the Apostles (and early followers) preached Christian Universalism, then they wouldn't have been stoned to death like Steven did. How would you all respond to allegations that believers in UR are too soft on sin?

Here is a link to the article for those who are interested

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/09/16/when-an-anti-gay-preacher-visited-a-college-campus-he-probably-didnt-expect-students-to-react-like-this/
« Last Edit: Today at 03:32:52 AM by Searching_For_The_Truth »

Offline eaglesway

• < Moderator >
  • Grace & Peace be multiplied unto you, in Jesus
    • Hell is a Myth.com
Re: \
« Reply #1 on: Today at 03:16:37 AM »
They were stoned to death BECAUSE THEY PREACHED THE "GOOD NEWS". Peter proclaimed the restoration of all things from the beginning (Acts 3:19) and also said he was doing as the prophets had from ancient times.

Stephen was stoned because he spoke against the religion of the Pharisees, not because he preached helfire and brimstone.

Jesus does love everybody, and everybody will answer for their sins. Some will answer, Lord, Lord, didnt we prophesy and cast out demons and do many mighty works in your name and he will answer, depart from me you lawless ones I never knew you, for I was thirsty and you gave me no drink....

Some will answer, "Praise your holy Name my Savior and Lord, and He will hear their praise."

Some will weep and gnash their teeth, because of the wicked things that have done and said against God. But eventually, "Evryknee shall bow and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord to the glory of God the Father."

"For as in Adam all died, SO ALSO IN CHRIST ALL shall be made alive."
The Logos is complete, but it is not completely understood. hellisamyth.webs.com

Offline micah7:9

• Gold
  • Mic 7:8 Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine ene
The Lord WILL hear your praise and your prayers, cause He made you to give praise and prayers.......even thou I may learn late. HE HEARS.....HE HEARS.....HE AWAITS THE OFFERING!  :dsunny:
Mic 7:8  Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine enemy, When I have fallen, I have risen, When I sit in darkness Jehovah is a light to me.

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
"God doesn't hear your praise! Not if you have sin in your life."
In that case He never hears human praise because all have sinned
1 Timothy 2:3-4  ...God our Savior;  Who will have all men to be saved...
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

Offline Searching_For_The_Truth

• Full

That was my reaction when I first read that line of what the pastor said

Offline eaglesway

• < Moderator >
  • Grace & Peace be multiplied unto you, in Jesus
    • Hell is a Myth.com

:thumbsup:
The Logos is complete, but it is not completely understood. hellisamyth.webs.com