Author Topic: Not all will accept it  (Read 3528 times)

IceDash

Not all will accept it
« on: March 20, 2010, 06:04:34 PM »
1 Timothy 4:10 - Christ gave himself a corresponding ransom for all, but not all will accept it. 1 Timothy 4:10 points this out. Paul said that Jesus was a savior for all men, potentially, but especially for the faithful.

Found this in http://thedaystar.webs.com/interpretation/hell.html

and also in revelation, jesus talk about "he that overcometh" will have rewards

and Jesus told the believers to stand firm and don't lose faith, does that mean only the belivers will be saved, not the unbelievers?

Because i read again and again but everything you guys said Jesus will save all but one tiny problem, I keep reading jesus only save the "believer", not the unbeliever, they will die and will not remember or come back again

So many "but" in the bible.

It also said that Jesus said that whoever love is mother more than Jesus is not worthy
Whoever clothes in white and follow me wherever I goes is worthy

I am sorry, I am trying to connect the dot here

Jesus is also angry for the unbeliever:

"The Lord Jesus ... in flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God ... who shall be punished with everlasting destruction." -- 2 Thessalonians 1:7-9

"Let burning coals fall upon them: let them be cast into the fire; into deep pits, that they rise not up again." -- Psalm 140:10

He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life. -- John 5:24 (applying that if believer believe God send him will have everlasting life, not the unbeliever, so they cannot be saved.)

he man who loves his life will lose it, while the man who hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life. John 12:25 (you must hate your life to gain everlasting life?!)

For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it. -- Matthew 16:25, Mark 8:35, Luke 9:24, Luke 17:33 (This one doesn't make sense, it like sayin "kill yourself to be saved?)

He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved. -- Mark 16:16 (you must believe and baptize at the same time)

Hebrews 10:4 For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins. (if this true, look like israel and Moses was being lied to by God! They killed over millions of lamb for nothing!?!?!)

hebrews 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him. (you guys said that you cannot choose to follow God unless God said so, but here it said that we seek him and however, without faith, God is not pleased at all which prove that if you don't have faith, you are nothing to God, this is what it said here)

Here a good example why i like this website (sense of humors) http://www.thebricktestament.com/epistles/on_justice/01_rm09_14.html which explain God made us who we are, no matter what.

This isn't right.

Offline Molly

• Gold
Re: Not all will accept it
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2010, 06:31:20 PM »
God is promising me that I will live in a world without evil some day.

We are not there yet, but he delivers me from evil in this world now.

We all know that the law does not stop evil.  In fact, some of the most evil people are writing the law.  But, even the Law of God will not stop many.

Many feel they are 'above the law.'  How could that be possible?  They think they are gods, that's how.

But it is impossible to please God without the faith of his dear Son, the Lord Jesus.  Our spirit cannot testify with his Spirit unless we are given access to his Spirit.  This he has done.  With his Spirit we can both see evil and survive it.

1The law is only a shadow of the good things that are coming—not the realities themselves. For this reason it can never, by the same sacrifices repeated endlessly year after year, make perfect those who draw near to worship. 2If it could, would they not have stopped being offered? For the worshipers would have been cleansed once for all, and would no longer have felt guilty for their sins. 3But those sacrifices are an annual reminder of sins, 4because it is impossible for the blood of bulls and goats to take away sins.

5Therefore, when Christ came into the world, he said:
   "Sacrifice and offering you did not desire,
      but a body you prepared for me;
 6with burnt offerings and sin offerings
      you were not pleased.

7Then I said, 'Here I am—it is written about me in the scroll—
      I have come to do your will, O God.'

--Heb 10

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2010, 08:04:34 PM »
1 Timothy 4:10 - Christ gave himself a corresponding ransom for all, but not all will accept it.
Not all sounds a lot better than 95% will not accept it

1 Timothy 4:10 points this out. Paul said that Jesus was a savior for all men, potentially, but especially for the faithful.
Jesus likes icecream but especially choclate icecream.
The word potentially is not in the verse.

and Jesus told the believers to stand firm and don't lose faith, does that mean only the belivers will be saved, not the unbelievers?
I means you should try to be choclate icecream.

Because i read again and again but everything you guys said Jesus will save all but one tiny problem, I keep reading jesus only save the "believer", not the unbeliever, they will die and will not remember or come back again
iD, look at it as two step salvation.
Step #1: Put trust/believe in Jesus => Noone comes to Father except through Son
Step #2: Saving starts.

So, imo, the Bible is clear not a single unbeliever will be saved. But... all will believe (eventully)
That's how I understand it.
1 Timothy 2:3-4  ...God our Savior;  Who will have all men to be saved...
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

Offline CHB

• Silver
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2010, 08:49:27 PM »
Quote from: WhiteWings
So, imo, the Bible is clear not a single unbeliever will be saved. But... all will believe (eventully)

Me two WW.  :happy3: It's a progressive work.

CHB

IceDash

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2010, 03:54:26 AM »
1 Timothy 4:10 - Christ gave himself a corresponding ransom for all, but not all will accept it.

1 Timothy 4:10 points this out. Paul said that Jesus was a savior for all men, potentially, but especially for the faithful.

Lol I think I know why you take "chocolate ice cream" word came from, Theobook, the guy who talk about "free will" in other topic somewhere here

Theo Book

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2010, 11:36:51 PM »

Lol I think I know why you take "chocolate ice cream" word came from, Theobook, the guy who talk about "free will" in other topic somewhere here

Really? Where?

IceDash

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2010, 03:14:23 AM »

Really? Where?

lol here:
http://www.tentmaker.org/forum/index.php?topic=7910.75

Allow an illustration. God/Man - Father/Son - YOU/YOUR SON
YOU to Son: "Where would you like to go today to celebrate your birthday?"
Son: "To Uncle Henry's for cake and ice Cream and lots of friends to share with."

YOU: "What flavour Ice Cream, what kind of cake?"
Son: "Chocolate."

YOU: "Cake?" or "Ice Cream?"
Son: "Both."

YOU: "Too much Chocolate." Choose another flavor for one of them."
Son: "Aw, Dad, You know how I love Chocolate. Just for today for my birthday?" "Please!"

YOU: "Well.l.l.l.l.l..."
Son: "Thanks Dad." "I'll go get the invitations ready to send out."

Theo Book

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2010, 03:32:16 PM »

Really? Where?

lol here:

Son: "To Uncle Henry's for cake and ice Cream and lots of friends to share with."

Son: "Aw, Dad, You know how I love Chocolate. Just for today for my birthday?" "Please!"

Must have had brainfreeze from too much chocolate ice cream.

Thanks!

IceDash

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2010, 04:53:52 PM »

Really? Where?

lol here:

Thanks!
lol...I am good reader and I can remember everything here

Theo Book

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2010, 06:18:50 PM »

Really? Where?

lol here:

Thanks!
lol...I am good reader and I can remember everything here

Well, it is one thing to forget what one READS, but to forget what one WROTE...???

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2010, 07:14:49 PM »
Quote from: Theo
God,

Who knows me best,

Loved me just enough.

That's beautiful!

mikeeb

« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2010, 10:02:15 PM »
Hi
Jesus came to seek and to save that which was lost-Not just seek-for He can easily find us all lost. but to save that which was lost. All of us were lost. I believe he will do what he came to do!! Save all of us who were lost!  :grin:

Theo Book

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2010, 02:17:01 AM »
Hi
Jesus came to seek and to save that which was lost-Not just seek-for He can easily find us all lost. but to save that which was lost. All of us were lost. I believe he will do what he came to do!! Save all of us who were lost!  :grin:

Yes, but didn't God say he gave those who believe on his son, power to become sons of God? Is salvation also going to those who reject his son? THAT is still a problem for me.

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2010, 02:32:04 AM »
I understand that most take the broad road to destruction, and are then saved as by fire.
Neither should there be vulgar speech, foolish talk, or coarse jesting--all of which are out of character--but rather thanksgiving.  Eph. 5:4  **  Saved 1John 3.2, Eph. 2:8, John 1:12 - Being saved 2Cor. 4:16 2Peter 3:18 - Will be saved 1Peter 1:5 Romans 8:23

NinjaWizards777

« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2010, 03:22:12 AM »
Bible verses aside, the idea that any being would reject all that is good, love and just(GOD) for all eternity is beyond comprehension. And I think such verses as Philippians 2:10-11(which I recently got tattooed on my arm in greek lol) single handily dispel such an idea. Why would someone bow and confess to Christ in such surrender and worship, and then go back to rebelling and rejecting him forever and ever? Something is amiss about our concepts.

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2010, 08:51:47 AM »
Hi

Yes, but didn't God say he gave those who believe on his son, power to become sons of God? Is salvation also going to those who reject his son? THAT is still a problem for me.
The coin was lost too. The coin wasn't aware of anything. But still the owner actively searched for it and was happy when the coin was found.
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

Theo Book

« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2010, 12:33:54 PM »
Hi

The coin was lost too. The coin wasn't aware of anything. But still the owner actively searched for it and was happy when the coin was found.

Right! The coin did not reject its owner, the owner lost the coin. Looked for it. Found it. What's the point of that? Value to the owner even of inanimate coins, how much more animate beings.

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2010, 01:28:18 PM »
Amen, true, He does.

Also, I've been thinking about this coin example you cite from time to time WW.  It reminds me of this - .."God has shut up all to disobedience so that He may have mercy on all".  Romans 11:32.  God's plan.  God is good.   :thumbsup:
Neither should there be vulgar speech, foolish talk, or coarse jesting--all of which are out of character--but rather thanksgiving.  Eph. 5:4  **  Saved 1John 3.2, Eph. 2:8, John 1:12 - Being saved 2Cor. 4:16 2Peter 3:18 - Will be saved 1Peter 1:5 Romans 8:23

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2010, 02:14:07 PM »
Theo I see 3 "levels"

Coin parable: Coin was lost/destroyed. Coin did nothing wrong. Knew or desired nothing.
Sheep parable: 1 sheep went astray/destroyed. Not sure the sheep did something wrong. They are not very smart.
Prodical son: The son was destroyed too. And without any question accepted back. This parable seems teh only one that requires action from the one that is lost/destroyed.

About the "levels" does anyone also see them? If so what is the significance of them?
Prodical son = elect?
Theo when I write elect I mean saved first, not only saved.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2010, 02:25:04 PM by WhiteWings »

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2010, 02:22:17 PM »
A great UR verse imo

KJVJoh 10:16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

I think there are only two flocks.
Flock of Jesus.
Flock of satan. (not of this flock)

Jesus says satans sheep will follow Him.
Jesus says in the end there will be one flock. I take the liberty to assume He doesn't mean that satan steals all of His sheep :winkgrin:

Theo Book

« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2010, 03:14:22 PM »
Theo I see 3 "levels"

Coin parable: Coin was lost/destroyed. Coin did nothing wrong. Knew or desired nothing.
Sheep parable: 1 sheep went astray/destroyed. Not sure the sheep did something wrong. They are not very smart.
Prodical son: The son was destroyed too. And without any question accepted back. This parable seems teh only one that requires action from the one that is lost/destroyed.

About the "levels" does anyone also see them? If so what is the significance of them?
Prodical son = elect?
Theo when I write elect I mean saved first, not only saved.

I think not all loss is destruction. Neither the sheep nor the coin was destroyed, though both were lost. But it was a temporary loss. And you might notice, "aownion" was not applied to them.

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2010, 03:27:27 PM »
I can't check right now, so from memory:

The coin, sheep and son where all lost.
Lost = apollumi = word used elsewhere for destroyed

Theo Book

« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2010, 04:19:26 PM »
I can't check right now, so from memory:

The coin, sheep and son where all lost.
Lost = apollumi = word used elsewhere for destroyed

Hmmm!!!

I see you are correct in this, and I have yet another "thing" to contemplate.

I just wish the board would open up to a full discussion with no limitations, kept in oreder by the moderators to stop any destructive criticism, but open to exchange of ideas.

oh, well!!!

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2010, 05:21:57 PM »
Maybe the wide road that leads to destruction can also be read as the wide road on which most sheep get lost. :dontknow:
(but the shepherd still keeps seaching)

Zeek

« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2010, 05:38:27 PM »
Maybe the wide road that leads to destruction can also be read as the wide road on which most sheep get lost. :dontknow:
(but the shepherd still keeps seaching)

what about the goats?