Author Topic: Matthew 24:1-35  (Read 8137 times)

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
Re: Matthew 24:1-35
« Reply #75 on: August 13, 2011, 11:33:31 PM »
God wants us to not look at it as black and white[like he's wrong,I;m right,or vice versa]                                                         

Are you speaking about the events of 70 A.D.?

Offline sheila

• Gold
« Reply #76 on: August 13, 2011, 11:44:50 PM »
  no,no,no   I am speaking about your concern with an eagle to beware about,and Nathan speaking about the eaglewings we  mount up on...neither is right or wrong

black or white...but when the spirit puts them both togather properly..we have a more wider veiw of grace.....

as to the rest of Nathan's post...I  had not commented on..... :HeartThrob:

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #77 on: August 14, 2011, 12:27:22 AM »

Sheila, sister,

I'm still not following you.

My only mention of eagles was to WhiteWings:

Another view is that believers are eagles and the carcass is SELF.

Offline Nathan

• Gold
« Reply #78 on: August 15, 2011, 04:02:23 PM »
Should be able to wrap this up today.

44Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.
 45Who then is a faithful and wise servant, whom his lord hath made ruler over his household, to give them meat in due season?
 46Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing.
 47Verily I say unto you, That he shall make him ruler over all his goods.

By now, most people who've interpreted this chapter have already left the original context which as a result, causes all of this to become "personal interpretation" which is what were "not" supposed to do with Scritpure, right?  (1 Peter 1 20Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. )  This entire chapter has been prophetic one.  But when you leave it "in" the context of the original topic Jesus was speaking about, you'll see this is still pertaining to those who are of the old covenant, and those who transitioned into the new.  A "faithful" servant is not one who is consistant in always being around as in "they faithfully showed up for work . . ."  But a faithful servant is one who is FULL of FAITH.  Which means one who does not rely on what is seen.  Faith being the substance of things UNSEEN.  Old Covenant dealt with tangible.  You literally took the animal and it literally was the sacrifice on behalf of your sin.  It was all a visual symbol of redemption.  NEW Covenant takes it into the invisible.  Instead of depending on man's abilities to repeatedly make sacrifices for our sin, now, in faith we rely on the finished works of Christ that the sacrifice has been done once and for all. 

Look at it this way.  The Old covenant was all symbolism.  each act, each artifact, each ritual was all a sign "pointing" to Christ.  Okay?  Have you ever seen anyone build their entire house out of signs?  I mean literal signs?  The kind of billboards that tell you how many miles you need to go to get to Vegas.  How fast you can go, which direction you should go, whether you can pass or not, a hill is coming up, a curve, watch out for pedestrians . .on and on.  Imagine someone taking all those signs and building a house out of it.  In 'this" day and age, you'd probably get a reality show for doing it.  But it would be a novelty act at best, nothing more.  And, for a person looking for direction, when they come to "this" house, do you think it would help them?  The house would have so many different signs saying so many different things that it would be nothing short of a house of confusion.  The house of signs is not to be your destination, it's supposed to point toward your destination.  But those who ebrace the sign never get to see the destination, which in our case, is Christ.

Those who embraced the Old Covenant were building their religious house with signs instead of substance.  And the fact that Jesus "was" the substance, the fact that he showed up was an indication in and of itself that the signs were no longer useful or effective.  It'd be like you're driving down the main drag in Vegas and you'd see a sign saying "Vegas, straight ahead . . ."  Really?  Someone somewhere felt that people wouldn't already know they were "in" Vegas?  It was the same with the Old Covenant.  The symbolism was all about Christ and so when he arrived, the signs were no longer necessary.  Problem was, the relious rejected the fact that they'd arrived at their destination.

Back to my sign analogy . .. it'd be like you were following the signs so long that once you finally got to Vegas, and the sign said you were "in" Vegas, instead of getting out and abiding "in" Vegas, you were so addicted to the signs that you were in denial that you were where they said you were, so you continued driving around as though you hadn't arrived yet.  The religious continued on with their religious activity even after Jesus died, was buried and resurrected, the veil was torn from top to bottom . .. they still continued on as though none of it happened.

Matthew 24 is about Jesus informing the disciples that it was time to take the signs down.  The signs did what they were supposed to do, they led man to a place where Jesus was, and now that Jesus had arrived, a new message needed to be written on the signs.  Instead of directions of where you needed to go and what you needed to do, these new signs were about what's already been done and where we're going has been taken care of . . .we aren't to worry about what tomorrow brings anymore . . .Just embrace the grace of where God has us today.

A FAITH-FULL servant is full of God's wisdom and God has given you authority over your HOUSEhold because you laid your signs down.  "In my Father's HOUSE are many rooms . . .God's house does not consist of signs of something yet to come.  God's house is build with living stones . . .us. 

46Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing.

Doing what?  What the previous verse says we're to be doing . .. giving meat in due season.  That would lead into Hebrews 5 and 6 as to what that meat is . . .another sermon for another time.

Offline Nathan

• Gold
« Reply #79 on: August 15, 2011, 05:54:49 PM »
47Verily I say unto you, That he shall make him ruler over all his goods.

With faith, comes authority and power . . not flesh over flesh, but spirit over flesh.  We walk in faith, believing in things unseen, "his" strength gives us authority over his goods . . .the elements within the house of God . . .that's a lot of goods!!

48But and if that evil servant shall say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming;
 49And shall begin to smite his fellowservants, and to eat and drink with the drunken;
 50The lord of that servant shall come in a day when he looketh not for him, and in an hour that he is not aware of,
 51And shall cut him asunder, and appoint him his portion with the hypocrites: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

There is a lot of this kind of warning about being alert.  I think being watchful is the same as being faithful in that walking in the spirit is an elevated relationship, an ascended positioning in higher places.  Not above people, but above the power and influence of carnality.  It's that "thief in the night" message.  Carnality is the thief that comes in to steel our authority and if we're walking in the spirit, that can't happen.  But no place in this passage is it ever referring to eternal judgment.  The reference to gnashing of teeth is not about hell as the church preaches about hell, the weeping and gnashing was still in the context of the rest of what was said about the on coming slaughter . . .it was all the result of walking in faithlessness . . .and the thief came.  The day of the Lord was not about destruction of Israel, all though that is definitely one of the results.

But the Day of the Lord was about Jesus establishing the New Covenant system . . . He restored his house that became a den of thieves into a place of grace.  And that's where we're called to be in our generation now . . .embrace the grace.

Lord I know I could never hold a candle to you
your grace and your mercy are so pure and true
I could never make in this world alone
I could never make in this world alone.
Even though it's darkness that my mind can only see
I feel your sweet, sweet spirit come and purify me
come and open up the windows of my soul
oh won't you open up the windows of my soul

When I, embrace your grace
it is sufficient for me
I stand here face to face
your truth has set me free
your truth has set me free.

Nuts . . .I can't remember the second verse to that.  Sigh . . .

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #80 on: August 15, 2011, 06:01:50 PM »
Beautiful, Nathan!

Offline Nathan

• Gold
« Reply #81 on: August 15, 2011, 07:39:35 PM »
Thanks, I started writing that as a song a week ago this past Saturday . . .got through the first verse and I literally felt the door close on it.  It was very strange.  But I'd lost the melody, the rhythm, even struggled trying to remember the chord progression . . .so, I walked away from it.  Then Wednesday night before our bible study, I sat down at the keyboard and it came back . . .so I picked up the scribbles of the first verse and the chorus came to me . . .that was it . ..  Then three days later, I came back on Saturday night again and the last verse poured out . . .it's one of the few songs I'd written that came in stages . . .it was progressional. 

I didn't think much of it at the time, but when I introduced it into our worship during church on Sunday, the Lord started adding other things as to "why" it was progressional.  It's all about grace and . . .grace is progressional as well.  It fell right into with the passage in Revelation 21 where there are 12 gates around the walls leading into the city of Jerusalem . . .I'm pretty sure that we had a discussion last week on pearls somewhere on a thread didn't we?  I lose track of where I write what.

But pearls actually start out as irritants.  A foreign material gets lodged within the oyster, generally a grain of sand, and the oyster automatically secretes a chemical that coats the object.  It puts layer upon layer upon layer . . .a progression . . .and over the course of time, what was once an irritant, is now a gem of great value and luster.  Real pearls are not like average gems in that they need to be protected from drying out.  Lack of moisture causes them to darken and they lose their shine.  The moisture represents the Holy Spirit and how we need to walk in spiritual hydration constantly . . .when we dry out, we lose our ability to shine truth into others as well as see truth in ourselves.

The purpose of these gates of one pearl is to usher others into the kingdom.  The fact that there are twelve depicts they are established in God's "government".  And God's goverment "is" love.  The fact that there are three gates to each of the four sides of this wall is to signify the message that ushers people in is one of resurrection . . .New Jerusalem is  the gathering of the spiritual Jews . . which we all are.  The walls are not there to confine or divide, but to distinguish and define.  "Gates" speak of authority, pearls speak of finished works of Christ in our lives.  I did not make myself a pearl, that came through the progression of grace . . .just like the song did.  Each time I sinned, another layer of grace was applied.  That's why Paul was told, grace is sufficient, where sin abounds, grace abounds even more.  Instead of us trying to remove our sin, perhaps it would be much more effective, and even easier for us if we'd embrace the grace instead.

I thought I was done with this Mattew 24 thing, but if you don't mind, there "is" one other thing that I'd like to share on these closing verses.
48But and if that evil servant shall say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming;
 49And shall begin to smite his fellowservants, and to eat and drink with the drunken;
 50The lord of that servant shall come in a day when he looketh not for him, and in an hour that he is not aware of,
 51And shall cut him asunder, and appoint him his portion with the hypocrites: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth

I believe the religious leaders of Jesus' day fit this part to a "T".  They didn't beleive Jesus was "coming" and especially verse 49 manifested greatly in the fact that as I mentioned before, when the Roman soldiers first came in, they didn't come in to wipe out Jerusalem, they came in to try to subdue the civil wars that were breaking out between the religious sects of Jews.  The religious were "smiting" their "fellow servants".  As a result, they didn't see what was coming, they were cut assunder and were judged as hyporcrites and with all the torture and slaughter that followed . . .there was great weeping and nashing of teeth.

So . . .Shawn . . .your original question was about whether or not Matthew 24 was connected to Revelation and I am fully confident that it indeed was.  I hope this was able to shed some light on the fact that if it's kept in it's context, with all preconceived noitions, teachings, and ideas set aside, it becomes obviously clear that these things were never intended for a generation 2000 years removed.  it was for "them" THEN and it fell on them just as Jesus said it would.  Not only was every stoned turned over, but no man has ever been able to rebuild it since . . .nor will they.  Be careful how you present that last part . . .it can be quite confrontational.  :)

Offline Nathan

• Gold
« Reply #82 on: August 15, 2011, 09:18:19 PM »
Holy cow . . . I thought it might be useful to me later if I copied what I've written here over to a word document.  Just on my own comments alone on this thread, at 12 font, it came to 22 pages!!!  Good grief!!

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #83 on: August 15, 2011, 10:09:13 PM »
just post the .doc   .....
1 Timothy 2:3-4  ...God our Savior;  Who will have all men to be saved...
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

Offline Nathan

• Gold
« Reply #84 on: August 15, 2011, 10:57:09 PM »
I want to go in and edit some of it so that it doesn't reflect some of the references to individuals or some of the outside comments . . .should take too much . . but that's a good idea as well . . .I've never tried posting a document on a forum, it's fairly easy isn't it?  Maybe a drag and drop???

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #85 on: August 16, 2011, 08:38:22 AM »
Not drag and drop but still easy.
Start a reply like you done 1000's of times before.
Under the field where you type your post you find a link: Attachments and other options
Click it and it will expand.
You will find "Attach" and a button (similar to) browse.
Click it and point to your file. Then continue with you post if needed. And press the usual post button.

Note the limitations.
Allowed file types: doc, gif, jpg, mpg, pdf, png, txt, zip
Restrictions: 10 per post, maximum total size 500KB, maximum individual size 512KB
1 Timothy 2:3-4  ...God our Savior;  Who will have all men to be saved...
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

Offline Nathan

• Gold
« Reply #86 on: August 16, 2011, 04:21:29 PM »
I "did" dig up the rest of that song though . . .

EMBRACE THE GRACE

LORD I KNOW I COULD NEVER  HOLD A CANDLE TO YOU
YOUR GRACE AND YOUR MERCY ARE SO PURE AND TRUE
I COULD NEVER MAKE IT IN THIS WORLD ALONE
I COULD NEVER MAKE IT IN THIS WORLD ALONE
   IN SPITE OF ALL THE DARKNESS MY  THAT MIND CAN ONLY SEE
   I FEEL YOUR SWEET, SWEET SPIRIT COME AND PURIFY ME
   COME AND OPEN UP  THE WINDOWS OF MY SOUL
   OH WON'T YOU OPEN UP THE WINDOWS OF MY SOUL

LORD I EMBRACE YOUR GRACE
IT IS SUFFICIENT FOR ME
I'M STANDING FACE TO FACE
YOUR TRUTH HAS SET ME FREE

YOUR LOVE  HAS CARRIED ME AWAY TO YOUR ASCENDED PLACE
WHERE I CAN HEAR THE SOUND OF YOUR AMAZING GRACE
AND THEN YOU WASH AWAY THE GUILT AND SHAME FROM ME
AND THEN YOU WASH AWAY THE GUILT AND SHAME FROM ME
   WHERE THE SPIRIT OF THE LORD IS  THERE IS LIBERTY
   OUR BONDAGES ARE BROKEN,  WE ARE FINALLY FREE
   NOW I CAN RUN AWAY,  INTO YOUR OPEN ARMS
   I'M GOING TO RUN AWAY,  INTO YOUR OPEN ARMS

LORD I EMBRACE YOUR GRACE
IT IS SUFFICIENT FOR ME
I'M STANDING FACE TO FACE

Offline CHB

• Silver
« Reply #87 on: August 16, 2011, 05:33:15 PM »
Don't feel bad Nathan, I wrote a hit song a long time ago and can't remember all of the words to it. Of course I got cheated out of the whole thing. God knows best though.

CHB

Offline shawn

• Bronze
« Reply #88 on: August 27, 2011, 04:20:51 PM »
I finally got to go through the rest of this...wonderful.  This is one of my favorite threads.  I need to go through this post and turn it into a word document as well.  My wife is wanting to read it.

Offline Nathan

• Gold
« Reply #89 on: August 29, 2011, 04:05:58 PM »
 :beerburp: