Author Topic: Matthew 24:1-35  (Read 6862 times)

Offline Nathan

• Gold
Re: Matthew 24:1-35
« Reply #50 on: August 13, 2011, 05:00:25 PM »
Interesting conversations you guys are having on this . . .Micah, the reason it's important to see them as eagles and not vultures is because though the carnal part of us may have vulture characteristics, our spirit is what soars in the upper stratosphere of God . . .and these things I'm sharing are not to solidify facts, that's not my intention.  But what I "am" trying to do is rather than just give a general comment about what I "think" Matthew 24, or any other passage for that matter, is saying, I'm sharing what I "see".  Not just what I "know" and yes, there's a difference.  Many times things emerge that I know God is revealing something with them but they may not immediately match up with were I am at that moment . . .but that doesn't mean a thing.  God doesn't give us pieces of hi s glory to match up with where we already are, he gives us pieces of his nature that we've never been before, but when we "do" enter into those rooms, the pieces will then fall into place.  And I think that might be part of Shawn's frustration in how others are in that if you dissect it before it takes root, it kind of removes the effectiveness of it leading into deeper truths.

Ya'll know about the passage about casting your pearls before the swine, right?  Spiritually speaking, the pearl is something that God inserted in our nature, but it wasn't originally a pearl, but "like" a pearl, it first was an irritant, like a grain of sand in an oyster.  But God did something unique with the oysters, he put in them a mechanism that responds to the irritant.  The oyster releases chemicals that coat the grain of sand so that the tiny grain of sand doesn't infect the oyster.  Then,  another layer, then another layer and over time, the irritant becomes a part of the oyster not to mention it's no longer a threat to the oyster's existance.  And "then" that tiny grain of sand, through the process of time, transforms from an irritant "becomes" a precious gem of great value.  And that's what these things I'm sharing are to me, they are of great value because like God does in all of us, what I've been writing is not my conclusion after gathering as many facts through word denfinitions and commentaries of orthers, but what I'm writing now, is the result of a process that God has personally led me through.

The problem comes when after all the time and effort that was put into the making of the pearl, if it gets exposed to those who don't recognize it's value, they treat it like common dirt and instead of cherishing it, they trample on it.  That's really the reason why I left the boards for a while a couple months ago .. . there is always a risk when you write things that are a part of you that's mixed in with things that are merely out there for the taking, or picking  . .or splitting . . .dissecting . . what have you, that your precious gift God gave you gets mixed in with "information" and it is at great risk to be discredited and cast aside. 

I think that may be why it's so important for us to live in the tree of life rather than knowledge.  Because knowledge will always take something and want to "organize" it according to where each mindset is coming from so that it can "grasp" the whole of the subject.  But pearls don't work the same way as accumulated facts.  Pearls carry the identity of their hosts.  You dissect the pearl, you affect it's host. 

All I can say here is, and I "am" speaking for myself, but I know every one of us has shared a pearl where others didn't recognize it as such and it got roughed up.  But all I can ask is, rather than keep your pearl to yourself so that swine don't trample it, I would rather ask that we take care not to "become" the swine to the pearls of another.

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #51 on: August 13, 2011, 05:43:23 PM »

Peninah (her name means: pearl) was Hannah's (she is gracious) irritant, for the Bible says Peninah provoked her.

Peninah irritated Hannah so that she was in bitterness of soul. Bitterness of soul is a sharp and resentful irritation.

Often, God will allow a Peninah to enter into the life of a Hannah to produce spiritual nacre until the irritation is turned into something of great value.

WATCH THE PEARL GROW:

This sharp and resentful irritation pierces deep inside leaving no other choice but change.

What covers the irritation, though, is of utmost importance, for if is not Christ it yet another black pearl of the carnal mind.

Offline shawn

• Bronze
« Reply #52 on: August 13, 2011, 05:55:43 PM »
And Nathan, that's why I said something.  There are quite a few of us here who truly appreciate what you add to this community.  I see truth in what you write.  But, I have noticed a group of posters who have chosen to give you a hard time at every turn.  There comes a time, when standing on the sideline is no longer the right thing to do.  My hope is that we can all share without fear of being belittled or attacked.  I'm hoping this community is about iron sharpening iron rather than airing personal grievances.  There might be those who do not appreciate what you are writing, but I think many of us see great value in it.  Please continue.

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #53 on: August 13, 2011, 06:03:00 PM »

Amen, continue in truth.

Origin: Gaelic
Meaning: God is gracious

Shawn!
Your name is the Gaelic equivalent of Hannah.
Praise God.

Offline shawn

• Bronze
« Reply #54 on: August 13, 2011, 06:16:09 PM »

Amen, continue in truth.

Origin: Gaelic
Meaning: God is gracious

Shawn!
Your name is the Gaelic equivalent of Hannah.
Praise God.

I did not know that.  Thanks for sharing.

Offline sheila

• Gold
« Reply #55 on: August 13, 2011, 06:20:21 PM »
  lest we forget..that Eli presumed Hannah was drunk..in the house of the Lord....but she was pouring out her soul to the Lord.....

and Eli was informed there would not be an old man man is his family line,for God would cut short his strength...and God informed him

'I will raise up for myself a faithful preists who will do what is in my heart and mind,I will firmly establish his house and he will minister

before my annointed one always

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #56 on: August 13, 2011, 06:38:56 PM »

Eli didn't understand what was going on with Hannah. He watched her speak but didn't hear the words.

He was complacent with the women that his sons had corrupted and how they acted in a certain way.

After she told him, then! he realized she had a DESIRE and he told her to go and for the Lord to grant her petition.

After she returned home she conceived and gave birth to Samuel, which means "Asked of God".

Never again after she gives birth does Peninah provoke her again, WHY? Because a change had come.

Old thing are passed away and behold all things have become new.

Offline sheila

• Gold
« Reply #57 on: August 13, 2011, 06:45:55 PM »
 little bit of nepotism?

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #58 on: August 13, 2011, 06:54:58 PM »
Another view is that believers are eagles and believers are were the carcas is. At the cross of the dead Jesus.

Another view is that believers are eagles and the carcass is SELF.

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #59 on: August 13, 2011, 07:03:05 PM »
little bit of nepotism?

Your true meaning?

Offline Nathan

• Gold
« Reply #60 on: August 13, 2011, 07:10:53 PM »
I do plan on continuing the Matthew 24 for thing . . .that "is" the title of the thread so I guess that should be the "main" attempt in discussion . . .however . . .this pearl thing has struck yet another chord.  Beloved Servant is actually aiming in the direction I am heading as well.  Since I left a bit ago, the pearl thing took another dimension in that God told Abraham that his decendants would be as numerous as the sands of the sea . . .the two most common . .actually, I'd have to say three.  The three most common places to find sand are at the water's edge, be it sea or ocean.  In rivers and streams, and in desserts.

For me, water is a separate dimension of life on earth.  It's a strange place.  We "can" go in it, but we can't breathe in it.  There numberous types of creatures that are extremely agile in water, but not on land.  Yet, as much as they depend on the waters for their sustenance, land is where they "reside".  And there are aquatic animals that depend on our air for life, but they are restricted to the realm of the water.  I use the term "restricted" loosely in that the ration of water to land is 3 to 1.  But the point is, that which is aquatic can not, for the most part, "live" in both aquatic and on dry land at the same time.  There is a mystic piece in Revelation where the Lord has one foot in the sea and another on the land as he makes a decree . . .for me, one symbolizes the spirit, the other symbolizes the flesh.  And I believe one of the unexplainable things Jesus does with us is, he enables us to become one with both.  And I think when all things come to an end, there will be a complete merging of land and sea, of spirit and flesh.  But I've just wandered off from where I was heading . . .

The sand is both in the water and out, it's like the bridge between one realm and the other.  But again, the makings of a pearl starts with an irritant . . .how often, I wonder are we irritants of God?  Are we not all but grains of sand?  But he covers us with his grace.  Layer upon layer, upon layer . . .and over the process of time, we become transformed from irritants to precious gems.  Isn't New Jerusalem establishes within gates of "pearl"? 

I believe that's the call of all of us, that we become gates, but only those who are pearls can be gates . . .hmmm . . .that'll preach to!  That's one of the things Jesus had against the religious leaders.  He said they stood at the door of truth, they wouldn't go in, but they wouldn't let anyone else in either.  Did you know man has figured out a way to make pearls of his own?  I mean besides the really fake ones . . .they actually cultivate their own from oysters . . . they take God's order and manipulate it for their own causes.  They take oysters, tie them on strings, insert a grain of sand in them and then just suspend them in the water they're indigenous to.  And, they say you can tell the difference because the cultivated ones don't have the same quality of depth in the coloration of the natural ones . .and . . they're just a shade grayer.  Don't quote me on that, but you get the idea of what I'm trying to say.  Mixing natural reasoning with spiritual truth is the same thing as that.

But when we yield to the process of a true pearl, we are positioned as gates that lead into heavenly places.  People enter into NEW Jerusalem experiences as they encounter us.  But we all started out as an irritant at one time or another . . .perhaps even now we're manifesting the irritant more than the layers of grace that we're embedding in.  But that's not for me to decide or judge, it's just something for all of us to apply to ourselves I guess.

Anway . . .got a couple minutes here so I'll see what we get from it.  Where'd we leave off?

31And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

I know I left off with this, but there's a couple other things I'd like to touch on.  One . .notice "who" it is that's doing the gathering.  We've been taught that "we" are the ones doing the harvesting and the gathering.  But several places in Scripture, including this one, Jesus explicitly states it's not us, it's the messengers . . .are "we" not messengers ourselves?  Yup . . .but . . .it's not about the one carrying the message.  Without a message, we wouldn't have an identity at all because a messenger is one who carries the message.  But the messenger isn't the one that receives the credit of the message, they're just carrying it.  So . . .for me, it's not the messengers that do the gathering, it's the message that is doing the gathering. 

When Jesus stated the fields are white and ready for harvest . . .he didn't say spread my gospel so more people can harvest, he said pray that God would send more workers, why?  Think about it . . .if it was to be about the end of the earth as we know it . . .why did Jesus say the fields were already white, ready for the harvest "then"?  Let's look at John 4 for a sec.

34Jesus saith unto them, My meat is to do the will of him that sent me, and to finish his work.
 35Say not ye, There are yet four months, and then cometh harvest? behold, I say unto you, Lift up your eyes, and look on the fields; for they are white already to harvest.
 36And he that reapeth receiveth wages, and gathereth fruit unto life eternal: that both he that soweth and he that reapeth may rejoice together.

First thing that jumps out at me here is the call to "lift up your eyes".  It's another one of those little signals that he's going dimensional.  That means there's more than one application here and because we "are" in Matthew 24 and Jesus "is" describing the events that are about to take place which again, were things that 'took' place 2000 years ago, then the fields of white, ready for harvest . . .is not about our day and age now.  It's about "that" age then.  in another place he says this about the fields. 

Matthew 13
38The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one;  39The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels.  40As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world.

What world?  Is he talking about earth?  No.  the word "world" there is actually depicting the "age".  The field was Israel, the tares were those embracing the old covenant system.  Again, the reapers are angels.  What was it that brought about the slaughter of Israel?  It was THE MESSAGE.  The religious people were actually killing each other as a result of the message of Christ being spread abroad and it was contradictory to their traiditions.

Mattew 24:31 is the same exact thing as Matthew 18.  The fields were white.  All of the things Jesus had been planting was ready for harvest and Jerusalem was the threshing floor where the tares and the wheat, the Old Covenant and the New Covenant was being defined.

Offline sheila

• Gold
« Reply #61 on: August 13, 2011, 07:19:26 PM »
 lesson being....if you can't 'hear' someones conversation with the Lord..to not be quick to judge them worthless or drunk :dontknow:

these things were recorded for examples for all of us to heed.  Change is not only necessary for life..it is LIFE.   We shall be changed...

I will lead them by a 'way' they have not known before :HeartThrob:

ther are two eagles...the roots seek out water from one or the other....the two eagles and the vine..the Lord planted.....

so we must discern the difference :thumbsup: for edification  Ezekiel 17  set forth an allegory and a parable....do you not know what these things

mean?  The king of Babylon went to Jerusalem and carried off her king and nobles,bringing them back with him to Babylon....and made a treaty with him

so that the KINGDOM WOULD BE BROUGHT LOW,UNABLE TO RISE AGAIN,Surviving only by keeping his treaty...

This is what the Sovereign Lord says; I MYSELF WILL TAKE A SHOOT FROM THE VERY TOP OF A CEDAR AND PLANT IT ON A HIGH AND LOFTY MOUNTAIN

BIRDS OF EVERY KIND WILL NEST IN IT,THEY WILL FIND SHELTER IN THE SHADE OF IT'S BRANCHES

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #62 on: August 13, 2011, 07:42:16 PM »

Oh!

Nepotism between Eli and the women?

Offline sheila

• Gold
« Reply #63 on: August 13, 2011, 07:47:46 PM »
  Proverbs 30;18

There are three things that are amazing for me,four that I do not understand;

THE WAY OF AN EAGLE IN THE SKY

THE WAY OF A SERPENT ON A ROCK

THE WAY OF A SHIP ON THE HIGH SEAS

AND THE WAY OF A MAN WITH A MAIDEN

I think Jesus Christ knew this way

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #64 on: August 13, 2011, 07:55:53 PM »

Ah!  I see what you mean:

She eats and wipes her mouth
   and says, 'I've done nothing wrong.'

Offline CHB

• Silver
« Reply #65 on: August 13, 2011, 08:09:20 PM »
Quote from: Nathan
The eagles are the true believers . . .Jerusalem is where the church was born out of the side of Jesus, blood and water, then manifested later in the upper room . . .Jerusalem is where the eagles gathered together because "that's" where the carcass was . . .what was the carcass?  Did Jesus not say we must eat his flesh and drink his blood?  he is the carcass that draws the eagles together and that is "where" these things shall be.

Nathan, I think these verses also contribute to what you said.

Ex. 19:4 says, "Ye have seen what I did unto the Egyptians, and how I bare you on eagles wings, and brought you to MYSELF".

(Isaiah 40:31) But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with WINGS AS EAGLES; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

(Psalms 103:5) Who satisfieth thy mouth with good things; so that thy youth is RENEWEW LIKE THE EAGLE'S

CHB

Offline sheila

• Gold
« Reply #66 on: August 13, 2011, 08:25:02 PM »
 if she puts out her roots to the wrong eagle. Rome,Babylon....   but..I am the vine..ye must remain in me

.... she can be borne on eagle's wings to a  place out of the serpents reach....and look!

a cedar on a  HIGH AND LOFTY MOUNTAIN...the Kingdom of Heaven......  Rev 14;1.....v 5  no lie was found in their mouths,they ARE blameless   

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #67 on: August 13, 2011, 08:28:24 PM »

Thank you.

Offline Nathan

• Gold
« Reply #68 on: August 13, 2011, 09:09:35 PM »
Lovin' your stuff shiela!!

I pray you don't believe I think what I'm sharing is all-conclusive.  There are so many dimensions to truth that i would never state one is wrong against another.  It all stems from what realm we're looking from and what dimension we're looking at.  I love the conversations this is creating . . .much harmony singing with the melody here.  Great choir happening!!  Oh nuts . . .that reminds me . . .sigh . . .31 again . .

And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet

Many put the emphasis on the trumpet . . .but I hope by now we understand this isn't about a literal trumpet blast.  It's about the "sound" of a trumpet . . . my sheep will know the "sound" of my voice.  Truth carries a sound to it.  Religion carries noise.  Walking in the spirit allows us to differentiate between the two.  Trumpet blast . . .Jubilee means "long blast".  Definitely a connection there, but the key hear is, how many people can hear the "sound" that announces the harvest has come.

Back to the party at hand . . .

32Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh:  33So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors.  34Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.  35Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.

There's another crack of thunder Shawn as to the timing of when these things were to take place.  Matthew 24 is directly connected to Daniel because we saw Jesus reach back and explicitly make the connection.  We also know  what Daniel saw is what John saw because the language was the same and the intensity is the same and the message is the same.  So that would then say Matthew 24 is also directly linked with Revelation.  All of those things are connected to the removal of "symbolism" ABOUT Jesus, to make way for people to have a personal relationship with the "substance" of Jesus.  FAITH is the SUBSTANCE of things hoped for. . . This is a transition of relationship that went from proof to faith.  Tares represent those of "unbelief", wheat is the product of faith. . .faith is merely another word for . .belief.  That generation was not willing to make the transition.  So . . .Jesus made it EXTREMELY clear as to WHAT generation this all was connected to . . .and . . .IT AIN'T US.

Luke 11:50
That the blood of all the prophets, which was shed from the foundation of the world, may be required of this generation;
Luke 11:51
From the blood of Abel unto the blood of Zacharias which perished between the altar and the temple: verily I say unto you, It shall be required of this generation.
Luke 17:25
But first must he suffer many things, and be rejected of this generation.
Luke 21:32
Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass away, till all be fulfilled. (paralell of Matt. 24)

Matthew 12:41
The men of Nineveh shall rise in judgment with this generation, and shall condemn it: because they repented at the preaching of Jonas; and, behold, a greater than Jonas is here.

Matthew 12:42
The queen of the south shall rise up in the judgment with this generation, and shall condemn it: for she came from the uttermost parts of the earth to hear the wisdom of Solomon; and, behold, a greater than Solomon is here.
Matthew 23:36
Verily I say unto you, All these things shall come upon this generation. (that was spoken while Jesus was in the temple, just before he explains more details in chaper 24.  It's all the same context.
Matthew 24:34
Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.

He didn't just say it once, he said it over and over.  Yet end-times alarmists insist it all has to do with "this" generation, 2,000 years later.  They even say that the 70 weeks of Daniel has a 2,000 year gap in it . . .all in the effort to keep their doom and gloom doctrine intact.  But it's just not accurate.

36But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

This is another huge one . . .guys, if you can, listen to this with your spirit and not your head.  I know we talked about pearls before the swine and all of that, but I am confident that this particular part goes beyond just being a pearl God placed in my spirit.  This is a liberating truth . .one of those things that will set you free from a lot of other junk that keeps wanting to second guess the sound that God has been projecting in you.  I'm not going to say that your damned if you don't see it, I'm not even asking you to see it . . .I'm asking you to receive it.  You've read enough of my stuff to hopefully know by now my intentions are not to establish a spot on the boards where people will honor my presence and all of that gibberish.  But my true intent is to loosen up some mental ties that keep others from taking flight.  I'm not worried about your salvation, my focus is on your ability to fly in that salvation.  All I ask on this one is to merely spread your wings for a second and let the wind of the spirit do the lifting of your being.

Okay . ..got that off my chest . . .

At no time in any of this does Jesus ever give the indication that he's going ahead in time 2,000 years.  In fact EVERYTHING we've read so far, Jesus has been as plain as he could to tell them one, it was going to happen.  Two, it was going to happen TO THEM.  And three . . . he was the triggering mechanism that would put it all into motion, and  . . .it was now in motion.

So when we see this verse PLEASE UNDERSTAND IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH A SECOND COMING, A RAPTURE, THE END OF THE WORLD . . .NONE OF IT.  It had EVERYTHING to do with the exact day when the collapse of the old system would come.  It was actually in THEIR hands.  We now know that it came in A.D. 70.  But at that time, because it was in their hands, the "when" wasn't exact.  But Jesus had just told them that it was going to happen to THAT GENERATION.  If he didn't know when it was going to take place . . .how could he tell them it was going to happen in their generation?  Because THAT was the generation he came in the flesh in.  He didn't know the day or hour because that was based on "their" actions.  The DAY OF THE LORD was not about the destruction of the old system or the removal of a nation.  The Day of the Lord was about the establlishment of the New Covenant . . .what "was/is" the New Covenant? 

That everything man was required to do in order to gain atonement, was now, once and forever, being done for us.

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #69 on: August 13, 2011, 09:32:38 PM »
if she puts out her roots to the wrong eagle. Rome,Babylon....   but..I am the vine..ye must remain in me

.... she can be borne on eagle's wings to a  place out of the serpents reach....and look!

a cedar on a  HIGH AND LOFTY MOUNTAIN...the Kingdom of Heaven......  Rev 14;1.....v 5  no lie was found in their mouths,they ARE blameless   

Revelation 15:2;  ...They held harps given them by God

Offline sheila

• Gold
« Reply #70 on: August 13, 2011, 09:54:15 PM »
 coarse not! How many times has HE had us butt heads with one another on some perspective of seeing something...opposing one another....thinking

each of us are 'right' only to have Him open up our narrow veiw[width/breadth/length/heigth of the Kingdom of His love]. Each of us with a perspective..

that HE WANT'S TO BRING INTO UNION WITH HIS MIND...to give us a broader more  spacious veiw/land.

Yes,it was finished then..the atonement   at- one-mind/thought  and it was the LOVE OF GOD FOR MANKIND that accomplished it..through His Son

but now...the 'REVELATION' of it all to all...does  concern us at this time...for this,too, is the time of revealing...and our lives are hidden in Christ

Beloved servant...a large black and white eagle? harpy eagle...we have that which is black and white..when combined is gray[ce/see] :happygrin:

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #71 on: August 13, 2011, 10:27:05 PM »

Well, Sheila,
Now I have to join some of the other members having said to you on different threads that, at this point, I have no idea what you're talking about.

Offline Nathan

• Gold
« Reply #72 on: August 13, 2011, 11:03:03 PM »
I have to agree with Beloved Servant Sheila . . .what are you responding to?  "course not" . . .what?  Course not that the day or the hour was "not" referring to when the temple would be demolished with the religious system?  I'm lost to what you were responding to there.

37But as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
 38For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,  39And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be

I wrote a song a while back that we sing in church . . .not sure if I can remember the exact words here but . . .goes something like . ..

AS IT WAS IN THE DAYS OF NOAH
SO SHALL IT BE WHEN JESUS COMES
IT'S A GREAT CELEBRATION
WHERE MEN AND WOMEN BECOME AS ONE
     IT'S NOT WHAT THEY'RE ALL THINKING
     IT'S NOT ABOUT DOOM AND GLOOM
     THE DAY OF REST IS CALLING
     LEADING TO HIS CHAMBER ROOM
LET HIM WASH AWAY MY DARKNESS
CARNAILITY IN ME WILL DIE
I CAN HEAR THE ANGELS SINGING
THE CELEBRATION OF THE GROOM AND BRIDE

LORD, I AM, IN YOU,
WALKING TWO BY TWO
LET THE CURSE NOW BE REVERSED
LET THE OLD NOW BE MADE NEW

THIS IS THE PROMISE OF THE LORD
ALL DEATH IS GONE, NEW LIFE RESTORED
SON AND WIFE WALKING HAND IN HAND
HIS KINGDOM HAS COME,
IT'S A WHOLE NEW LAND

People connect this verse with the end times because of what's coming up next.  But for me, okay, the song took it to a spiritual level, but literally, to me all he was saying was that when it happens, it'll be like a thief in the nght, people won't even have time to make any preparations to get out before the slaughter begins because they're too busy trying to reproduce (marrying and giving in marriage) the very covenant that God was removing.  But once the mind is set on a thing, it takes either the voice of God or an act of congress . . .and given how great our congress has been on making changes, I put my money on the voice of God for the power to turn a mindset around.

But this doesn't fit a rapture because God didn't remove the righteous while he destroyed the unrighteous.  He "protected" the righteous in the ark . . .which represents Christ.  It was the ark that weathered the flood, it is Christ who weathers our storms as well as we are to be "hidden" in him.

40Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
 41Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
 42Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.

Can you feel the traditional teachings creeping in?  Don't ya feel your mind trying to go back to the old stomping grounds of relying on what someone else ingrained in you rather than letting the Spirit reveal something new and living?

Okay, in the days of Noah, who had been taken and who was left?  Was it the godly being taken?  Cuz that's the whole theory behind the rapture . . .they just won't keep this in context.  Nothing has changed.  It's still pertaining to the collision between the two covenants.  It isn't the godly leaving, it's the ungodly.  What happened in A.D. 70 was not God removing those that embraced the new covenant, but it was God removing the old covenant itself and those that embraced it went with it.  So . . .the two in the field, the one that was taken was the tare, the one that remained was the wheat.

The hour of the Lord is not about our age but that one.

43But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up.  44Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.

This was never about the end of the world, it was again . . .I'm starting to sound like a broken record, but it was the end of the covenant and those that were of the New covenant, which by the way, there were very few . . .but only "they" had the ability to hear this and even then, given the way the disciples reasoned the things Jesus said, their minds were probably lost in his words as well.  But their spirits were receiving the truths Jesus was relaying.  And again Jesus repeats about being ready for what was coming.  Still has nothing to do with an event 2000 years later.

Offline sheila

• Gold
« Reply #73 on: August 13, 2011, 11:23:53 PM »
 :bigGrin:

what I'm saying is....you were right about your concern with there being an eagle to beware of...and Nathan is right about an eagle that we mount

up on wings like...and that often times...God wants us to not look at it as black and white[like he's wrong,I;m right,or vice versa] but to see and get a

broader picture of GRACE   :thumbsup:   the" coarse not "comment to you,Nathan..when you said you hoped I did not think what you were sharing was

all conclusive. My other comment to Beloved was in regard to the harps they held on the Mount...there are harpy eagles with black and white feathers!!

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #74 on: August 13, 2011, 11:27:35 PM »

Revelation 15:2;  ...They held harps given them by God                   <    This ???