Author Topic: Hurt of second death?  (Read 1548 times)

IceDash

Hurt of second death?
« on: March 20, 2010, 03:44:17 PM »
in revelation 2:11 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; He that overcometh shall not be hurt of the second death.

Okay I am little confused, if Jesus destroy death, why we are going get hurt at second death?!

Offline CHB

• Silver
Re: Hurt of second death?
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2010, 07:40:24 PM »

It's a spiritual death Icedash. There is a spiritual death and a physical death. The way I understand it anyway.

CHB

IceDash

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2010, 08:53:25 PM »

It's a spiritual death Icedash. There is a spiritual death and a physical death. The way I understand it anyway.

CHB
Wait a min, if our soul died, we will never come back because we cease to exist!

Offline CHB

• Silver
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2010, 09:42:17 PM »
Icedash, you misunderstood me or I didn't explain myself very well.

Here is an article about the "Second Death" that I thought was good, maybe it will help you get an idea as to what it is?
http://www.goodnewsaboutgod.com/studies/seconddeath2.htm

CHB

Online WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2010, 08:42:59 PM »

CHB
Wait a min, if our soul died, we will never come back because we cease to exist!
Do you think resurrecting a sould is beyond Father's powers?
1 Timothy 2:3-4  ...God our Savior;  Who will have all men to be saved...
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

Offline willieH

• Read Only
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2010, 09:15:14 PM »
willieH: Hi sister C... :hithere:

Icedash, you misunderstood me or I didn't explain myself very well.

Here is an article about the "Second Death" that I thought was good, maybe it will help you get an idea as to what it is?
http://www.goodnewsaboutgod.com/studies/seconddeath2.htm

CHB

I believe in REVERSE concerning this article sis...

The FIRST DEATH, is the SPIRITUAL DEATH which imposes itself within disobedience to the COMMAND [WORD] of God... 

ADAM was told that IN THE DAY that he ate... he would SURELY DIE -- Gen 2:17

He did NOT die a natural/physical death on "the day he ate"... so what kind of "death" did he die?  I believe SPIRITUAL, and that the RESURRECTION in CHRIST, is about SPIRITUAL re-birth, not physical.

Adam's PHYSICAL death [second death] took place at 930th year of his life -- Gen 5:5

...willieH  :HeartThrob:

Offline CHB

• Silver
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2010, 01:20:51 AM »

Quote from: willieH
ADAM was told that IN THE DAY that he ate... he would SURELY DIE -- Gen 2:17

He did NOT die a natural/physical death on "the day he ate"... so what kind of "death" did he die?  I believe SPIRITUAL, and that the RESURRECTION in CHRIST, is about SPIRITUAL re-birth, not physical.

Adam's PHYSICAL death [second death] took place at 930th year of his life -- Gen 5:5

Hi Willie,

I know you believe this and you may be right, believe me I have considered this a lot. The only thing that makes me think it is the other way around is, first the physical, then the spiritual. Another thing is, Adam did die on that day, if as it says, "a day is as a thousand years with the Lord and a thousand years as one day". Adam died before the 1000 years was up, or in that day.

Another thing I thought of was, if some won't be HURT of the second death then how can it be a physical death when everyone will experience it the same. What I mean is, everyone will die this physical death and death is death, dead. Don't know if I explained this worth a hoot or not? I am still studying this subject, so I am not 100% sure of anything yet, maybe you could give me some more pointers? I have read many different views on this. Maybe you could explain to me about being hurt by this death please?

CHB