Author Topic: Hell  (Read 1876 times)

Offline sparrow

• Bronze
  • I watch, & am as a sparrow alone upon the rooftop.
Hell
« on: March 14, 2009, 03:48:55 PM »
See, God was giving a hint when he said:

Jesus replied: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment.

If ET were actually TRUE, and a person ACTUALLY believed it... they must have a rough time with that first commandment. How could anyone who really and truly believed that about God (ET), how could anyone love such a vile, despicable, dishonorable "god" ???

And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbour as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments."

Oh, yeah... that's not any better.
Ok, God I love my neighbor with all of my heart. I love my neighbor as myself!

God: Gee, that's too bad. Your 2nd child, who just passed away? Guess what.. I hate to break it to you, but she didn't believe in me, so she's going to suffer for all eternity. Well, sorry about that. Oh yeah, and Lucy your elderly neighbor that you loved? yeah, you guessed in...she's suffering too. Forever. With no hope. What a shame, huh? All that loving you did, was kinda for nothing, I suppose, huh? 

hmmm. Yeah, so some entity takes your child and casts them aside like dirt, oh wait, no it's worse than that, your child is actually being TORTURED. FOREVER. With no hope of relief...(hmm, makes God worse than Hitler, eh?) and you're supposed to LOVE this entity with all of your heart? YEAH. Guess what??? AIN'T HAPPENING!!  :thumbdown:

You CAN'T 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.'  if you TRULY believe in ET. You just cannot. It is an impossbility. And those who ACTUALLY believe in ET And say they DO love the lord their God with all their heart, and with all their soul and with all their mind... are liars.
Sounds harsh. Calling someone a liar. But think about it. It's a lie that runs just as deep as the lie of E.T.
They are lying to themselves. There is no LOVE in FEAR!!!  "NO LOVE". HELLO?????? NO LOVE IN FEAR.

This is why people have nervous breakdowns.  E.T. <---- trying to reconcile that with a God who is "love".
You CAN'T reconcile it. There is NO reconciling it. Because it simply isn't true.

A lot of people who believe in the "ET" god... y'know, a lot of them don't actually belive in the "ET" part. Deep down they are hoping that God will work it all out. But still... their love still probably is mixed with a lot of fear.
NO love in fear. So, still.... the love isn't "with ALL of their heart. With ALL of their mind.." etc. Something is wrong. God is showing them that SOMETHING is wrong. It's the FIRST and GREATEST commandment for a REASON.
To make sure people search Him out and KNOW Him...and believe the right things about Him.

HIS YOKE IS EASY.  :icon_flower:
y'know... what if God... just wants to be loved... like the rest of us?
What if God just wants to be... Loved? 

sometimes I'll see something.. like a flower... and think.. what if God is thinking "Look here... look what I made for you! Do you like it? :flowerred:"

God just wants to be loved.
As much as we crave love...
Maybe God just wants to be loved.
Just like the rest of us.
Kinda makes you love Him just a little more, doesn't it?
                 :HeartThrob:

From The Color Purple:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Shug: More than anything God love admiration.
Celie: You saying God is vain?
Shug: No, not vain, just wanting to share a good thing. I think it pisses God off when you walk by the colour purple in a field and don't notice it.
Celie: You saying it just wanna be loved like it say in the bible?
Shug: Yeah, Celie. Everything wanna be loved. Us sing and dance, and holla just wanting to be loved. Look at them trees. Notice how the trees do everything people do to get attention... except walk?

« Last Edit: March 14, 2009, 03:56:27 PM by sparrow »
"I knelt to drink,
And knew that I was on the brink
Of endless joy. And everywhere
I turned I saw a wonder there."

If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give away all I have, and if I deliver up my body to be burned, but have not love, I gain nothing.

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
Re: Hell
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2009, 04:04:59 PM »
Sparrow,

You are a month late with your Valentine love message  :laughing7:

For the rest of your message you are wrong because the sinner prefer hell over heaven.
The ones in heaven know that too.
So all are satisfied.....
1 Timothy 2:3-4  ...God our Savior;  Who will have all men to be saved...
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

Offline chuckt

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2009, 04:27:29 PM »
If ET were actually TRUE, and a person ACTUALLY believed it... they must have a rough time with that first commandment. How could anyone who really and truly believed that about God (ET), how could anyone love such a vile, despicable, dishonorable "god" ???

its easy to love a god that is damning OTHER people  :winkgrin:

chuckt

Offline Taffy

• Gold
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2009, 05:14:16 PM »

its easy to love a god that is damning OTHER people  :winkgrin:

chuckt

For some ,Tis deemed as Justice , where the Crime is equally to the penalty

Isa 29:18 And in that day shall the deaf hear the words of the book, and the eyes of the blind shall see out of obscurity, and out of darkness.

Jerm

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2009, 12:28:13 AM »
I think Carlton Pearson nailed it on the head:

"If you fear God the way we're taught to fear Him, you'll serve Him, you'll worship Him, you'll believe in Him, but you will probably never really love Him."

Offline sven

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2009, 04:00:58 PM »
sometimes I wonder how those who hate universalism can pray the Lord's prayer

Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven. (Matt. 6:10)

1 Timothy 2:1-6

I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men;  For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty. For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour; Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth. For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.

Offline legoman

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2009, 03:31:46 AM »
But your forget that 1 Tim 2:4 really means "all types of men" not "all men", since verse 1-2 is talking about a "type" of man (ie. kings) - therefore that is the context of "all men", since clearly "all men" cannot mean "all men" because then universalism would be true.

Likewise verse in 5-6 Jesus gave himself a ransom for "a types of men".

Does that make sense?

(Tongue-in-cheek)

Legoman  :winkgrin:

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2009, 09:03:13 AM »
You are 100% right legoman. I think.....
In Adam all kings died.
So all poor people are saved already because they where no kings.
And the kings are saved by the death of Jesus

:icon_king:
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...

Paul Hazelwood

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2009, 05:05:56 PM »

In Philippians we are told that all will confess to the glory of God the father.  I have not found any christian trying to debate the issue that will try to prove that it doesn't apply to all mankind.  Thier argument is that it is the realization of their fate.

And people can bring all the context issues they want, they can bring their arguments, they can bring their analogies, bring em on.  I don't need to debate or discredit an argument directly.   It's all about sharing what we are going to believe in.

I simply state that I will not serve a God who states that even though it is too late for you to avoid eternal hell. I find glory in your confession.   There is no context that makes that Glory to God the father.  none.   And I will not ever believe that it can be.

Now, if the verse read   "to Gory of God the Father"  alright, then I might have to rethink things.   :laughing7:

NinjaWizards777

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2009, 09:40:16 PM »

I simply state that I will not serve a God who states that even though it is too late for you to avoid eternal hell. I find glory in your confession.   There is no context that makes that Glory to God the father.  none.   And I will not ever believe that it can be.

thats what gets me too..."hey thanks for bowing down and confessing I am God...but I wont love you now, go burn forever!" just doesnt sound like the loving God ive come to know. maybe theres more to that than what were reading but to me...those people God will save because of their confession. afterall...in the story of the prodigal son the father never said "if hes not back home by ____ time I will not love him nor take him back". So why do we assume God is that way?

Offline Doc

• Jesus Christ is the Savior of ALL men.
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2009, 11:44:53 PM »
Any time someone starts talking about hell, I ask them which one they mean... Hades, Gehenna or Tartarus?

I find when most people start talking about hell, they have some combination of one of those three plus the lake of fire in mind.
God does not instruct us to pray to change His mind. He wants us to pray so that we'll know His mind.

"Prayer doesn't change God, it changes me." --C.S. Lewis

God never had or needed a Plan B. He's still on Plan A.

Res Veritas Loquitur

Offline CHB

• Silver
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2009, 12:36:21 AM »
Something I was thinking.

When God created humans he knew what would be their outcome. If hell is true then God created millions just for the purpose of burning them. If ET is true what other purpose could it have been. Is that love? If I got pregnant just for the purpose of killing my baby what would these ET'rs think of me?

CHB

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2009, 12:39:28 AM »
ETs would say you have no right to decide over life and death because it's not yours.
God owns all life so is free to do with it as He pleases.

Offline CHB

• Silver
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2009, 01:11:12 AM »
Yea, White Wings, you are right.  :angel4:

You wonder if they ever question this though. It does seem kind of strange that they don't.

I heard one preacher say, "your works won't save you". Then turned right around and says, "those who don't do this or that, {I can't remember what now} are going to hell and burn forever. One preacher I know preaches Church, he says, "going to Church won't save you but if you are saved you will go to Church". Then goes on to question whether or not such and such is even saved because the are out a lot.   

CHB

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2009, 01:20:51 AM »
Yea, White Wings, you are right.  :angel4:

You wonder if they ever question this though. It does seem kind of strange that they don't.

Most people don't question anything as long as it doesn't affect themself.
Hell is fair. Hell is just. Hell increases the glory of God and saints. Hell is what sinners asked for. Etc etc.
But I doubt if God would let an ET know they are on His hell list, they still find hell such a good thing.

Offline sparrow

• Bronze
  • I watch, & am as a sparrow alone upon the rooftop.
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2009, 03:37:51 AM »
A person's view of the size of heaven is directly in proportion to the size of their own heart.

God is the only one that can expand our heart big enough to see that heaven holds ALL people.

:HeartThrob:

:happy3:

Folks who believe in hell....
They have a heart condition.
That's all it is.
God is the master heart surgeon.
HE knows all of the intricacies of their life and why their heart IS in the condition it is in.
He KNOWS.
And their hearts will be renewed.
In this life, or the next.
It's all good.
No worries.
"I knelt to drink,
And knew that I was on the brink
Of endless joy. And everywhere
I turned I saw a wonder there."

If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give away all I have, and if I deliver up my body to be burned, but have not love, I gain nothing.