Author Topic: Hank Hanegraaff Speaks Out On The Existence of Hell  (Read 6127 times)

Offline Brian

Re: Hank Hanegraaff Speaks Out On The Existence of Hell
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2009, 09:09:01 PM »
The way he describes God makes HItler sound like Mother Teresa.

A Turn or Burn street evangelist told me she's probably in hell too, because she's not on record as saying Jesus was her savior. Or something like that... :happy3:

Just for the record: Jesus is my Lord and Savior!

Bill

Hasn't that person heard the saying 'actions speak louder than words?'

I think the point he was trying to make was, good works won't get you into heaven. Even if you do as many good works as Mother Teresa, you're still going to hell if you don't have Jesus as your savior.

Bill
For it is for this we labor and strive, because we have fixed our hope on the living God, who is the Savior of all men, especially of believers. 1 Timothy 4:10

Offline sven

« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2009, 09:17:10 PM »
somethink came in my mind just now

1. corintheans 15:17

And if Christ be not raised, your faith is vain; ye are yet in your sins.  Then they also which are fallen asleep in Christ are perished.

15:32 If after the manner of men I have fought with beasts at Ephesus, what advantageth it me, if the dead rise not? let us eat and drink; for to morrow we die.

i think its obvious that Paul didnt expect every man going to hell if Jesus hadnt been resurected but literal death forever, so the argument Jesus came to save people from hell holds no water.

Offline Doc

• Jesus Christ is the Savior of ALL men.
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2009, 10:39:26 PM »
I haven't clicked on the link for Hannegiraffe's page, so I'm just going by what's already posted in the opening post:

1. The old abusive Parent argument that says that todlers can only have the expression of free will by blowing their heads off with a 357 or a 9mm.
2. The erroneous idea that sinners long for punishment rather than for paradise, although they generally work harder for paradise in this world than the righteous.
3. The erroneous idea that sinners rejecting Christians is in the same category as rejecting Christ when the opinions expressed do not necessarily reflect the teachings of the man from Nazareth that was dying to prove a point.
4. The mistaken idea that Hell's anywhere in Jesus's teachings when lots of threads already deal with Gehenna around here as Jerusalem's city dump and being merely the consequence of false teachers, false teaching, abuses of the tongue, and the wheel of nature being set in motion against one's life in this life.
5. The mistaken idea that Christ saves us from Hell, but leaves us in our sins so that He might prove us whether or not we'll cling to Him our whole life long for the promise of salvation alone rather than the assurance of Scripture that we already have eonian life.
6. The mistaken idea that Hitler created a greater cost with his sin than the check that God wrote with the Blood of Christ.
7. The mistaken idea that his common sense is Scriptural sense regarding the ransom for all spoken of in 1Timothy 2:6.  A ransom for all that doesn't in fact pay for all?  What insightful unbelief, eh?
8. And reading the promises through his tradition, he evidently above all doesn't see where the promises assure us of Christ actually accomplishing all that the Father sent Him to do.
9.  There's the mistaken idea that King David and others in the Scriptures shared in his unbelief of Christ's Kingdom ruling generously over all.
10.  Not sure if Hannegiraffe is involved in the typical premillenial Judealotry, but the righteous demands of Christ-rejecting-blood are being cited on the 6 million Jews that died.  Hitler's sin was no worse than theirs.  And Christ paid it all, and the price can't be extracted a second time by a perpetual Hell or by eternal obliteration.

The Scriptures do teach that many are banished from Him.  That's emphatic in 2Samuel 14:14, but He devises means so that His banished ones aren't expelled from Him.  I've yet to find the proof that His banished ones are expelled from Him. :cloud9:

The only thing Haanegraaf's got going for him (IMO) is that he's a preterist (partial). Aside from that; same garbage, different mouth when it comes to hell.

Martin, what do you mean by "The Scriptures do teach that many are banished from Him.  That's emphatic in 2Samuel 14:14, but He devises means so that His banished ones aren't expelled from Him." ? I've not heard this stated before. Could you give me an explanation of what you're talking about and how it works?
God does not instruct us to pray to change His mind. He wants us to pray so that we'll know His mind.

"Prayer doesn't change God, it changes me." --C.S. Lewis

God never had or needed a Plan B. He's still on Plan A.

Res Veritas Loquitur

Offline jabcat

• Admin
  • SINNER SAVED BY GRACE
« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2009, 02:48:12 AM »
I used to listen to Hank.  He sounded like he had a lot of knowledge and knew what he was talking about, as do many teachers and preachers...and most just gobble it up like gravy.  I'm thinking a lot of these guys, when you can see where they're coming from, are supposedly sharing Biblical truth, but are often just operating from presuppositions/traditional teachings...and how they apply those ideas to various verses.  For instance, assuming "hell" is gehenna, tartarus, etc., ever stopping to think why all those different names were used in the originals?  And once again, where do many of those ideas come from?  The RC "church" of the Dark Ages that mainstream seems so unaware of and again, gobble it up as the truth.  I saw a site the other day ripping Gary/TM...he was preachin' the "realities of hell", including "Judas and [others] are there right now".  That is what tradition would tell us, isn't it?  Jesus, on the other hand, told the twelve they would sit on 12 thrones judging...hmmm...something doesn't fit.  Who to believe   :wink: ?
« Last Edit: March 04, 2009, 02:51:17 AM by jabcat »
Neither should there be vulgar speech, foolish talk, or coarse jesting--all of which are out of character--but rather thanksgiving.  Eph. 5:4  **  Saved 1John 3.2, Eph. 2:8, John 1:12 - Being saved 2Cor. 4:16 2Peter 3:18 - Will be saved 1Peter 1:5 Romans 8:23

Offline sparrow

• Bronze
  • I watch, & am as a sparrow alone upon the rooftop.
« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2009, 05:19:30 AM »
Hank Hanegraaff helped me along the way at some point on my path. I don't remember what it was... but I remember the name and that he somehow helped me. God can work through ALL of us, no matter where we are, on our own path.  :icon_flower: We will all be humbled in the presence of God. That's for sure.

Even folks like the Phelps clan... y'know sometimes I get so angry and I want to go find them and just beat the crap out of them with their own stupid little ugly cardboard signs.. but then I get a picture in my head of them in front of God. And them realizing how wrong they were in what they did... and how humbled and amazed they will become at God's mercy. And my anger is kinda still there, though taken down a notch and my need to go "find them and beat them with their own signs" kinda fades. Life is temporary... everything is going to be worked out in the end.

I guess we just have to stand up for what is right and true, but at the same time seeing our fellow brothers as just that.... brothers.

There but for the grace of God, go I. FOR SURE. Everyone has a story, and everyone has lived through their own set of circumstances and they are who they are because of that. We just gotta sorta pray for each other, I guess... huh?
Because like I said, we are ALL going to be humbled... "O! Wretched man that I am!..."  :mblush: :sigh: :grin:
« Last Edit: March 04, 2009, 05:23:02 AM by sparrow »
"I knelt to drink,
And knew that I was on the brink
Of endless joy. And everywhere
I turned I saw a wonder there."

If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give away all I have, and if I deliver up my body to be burned, but have not love, I gain nothing.

Offline sparrow

• Bronze
  • I watch, & am as a sparrow alone upon the rooftop.
« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2009, 05:24:32 AM »
I'm sorry guys, did my last post have NOTHING at all to do with the topic at hand?

I think maybe it didn't.. :laughing7:
"I knelt to drink,
And knew that I was on the brink
Of endless joy. And everywhere
I turned I saw a wonder there."

If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give away all I have, and if I deliver up my body to be burned, but have not love, I gain nothing.

Offline reFORMer

• < Moderator >
  • Psalm 133
« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2009, 06:57:08 AM »
Sparrow, I thought you were going to say that sometimes you get so angry you agree with the Phelps.  I know Israel's God given national law of death by stoning is a lot more severe than placards.  I anticipated you'd take another turn because, for myself, I get sick of the lies.  All the room in this brave new world for every manner of brazen sexuality but no existence permitted, none whatsoever, for the simply repentant sinner, washed in the blood of the Lamb, cleansed from sin's deep stain, freed from sin's dark power to live righteously and Godly filled with the Holy Spirit.  "Homosexuals can't change" is the deceived rant of the world and the practical anti-biblical belief for so many calling themselves the Church that are controlled by dread and revulsion rather than the heart of the Saviour.  It's the same tired chant, only in a positive light, from the other branch of Babyon, falsely calling themselves the Church, who throw out the Bible and say, "Gay's OK! they're born that way."  No room for the simple follower of Jesus!

jabcat, as you just pointed out, there are various underlying words over which the single term, "hell" has been unwarrantedly pasted.  The point I'd make is that with only a little exposure to Greek -- such an easy thing with all the free software and Greek helps online -- (like Hanesgiraff can't use a concordance even?), just a teeny-tiny, eeny-weeny 'ittle bit of Greek and you realize those other words are there.  If you care to be true to God and His Word you know He gave it in Hebrew and Greek.  So then how can anybody with even a ity-bity, teeny-tiny, eeny-weeny 'ittle bit of CONSCIENCE keep saying "hell" all the time?

What's been on my mind lately is:
Maybe making a surface use of words people will deny it, but what they believe in their hearts about what their God does, which is why they act the same (and they really do!) THE GOD OF THEIR HEARTS NEVER FORGIVES AND CAN NEVER BE SATISFIED!  They treat people like their God behaves.

THE GOD OF THEIR HEARTS NEVER FORGIVES AND CAN NEVER BE SATISFIED!
« Last Edit: March 04, 2009, 07:02:08 AM by reFORMer »
I went to church; but, the Church wasn't on the program!  JESUS WANTS HIS BODY BACK!!  MEET WITHOUT HUMAN HEADSHIP!!!