Author Topic: Creation - Science/Faith AND (part of) Genesis, MERGED  (Read 43553 times)

Offline Molly

• Gold
Re: Creation - Science/Faith AND (part of) Genesis, MERGED
« Reply #350 on: October 09, 2010, 06:55:15 AM »
I think it much more likely they were used to fallen angels among them, and they thought these were more of the same.

But--did you notice--Abraham recognized one of these  'men,'  the one who stayed behind with him while the other two went on to sodom for Lot.

Lot likewise does not see them as 'normal men.'

1And there came two angels to Sodom at even; and Lot sat in the gate of Sodom: and Lot seeing them rose up to meet them; and he bowed himself with his face toward the ground;
--Gen 19
« Last Edit: October 09, 2010, 07:04:39 AM by Molly »

Offline thinktank

• Silver
« Reply #351 on: October 09, 2010, 07:28:46 AM »
I think it much more likely they were used to fallen angels among them, and they thought these were more of the same.

But--did you notice--Abraham recognized one of these  'men,'  the one who stayed behind with him while the other two went on to sodom for Lot.

Lot likewise does not see them as 'normal men.'

1And there came two angels to Sodom at even; and Lot sat in the gate of Sodom: and Lot seeing them rose up to meet them; and he bowed himself with his face toward the ground;
--Gen 19

I think its more about holy spirit revelation, that they know these angels are from God and not the devils angels for the devil can transform himself into the spirit of light.

The prayers/cries of the rightoeus that God hears comes from lots familly and so they already know who God is and his messangers.

However to the men outside of lots home these angels of God are muscle men (probably), who they'r perverted minds lusted after. They did not see these angels only that they "heard" there were two men there that they never experienced before.

If what you are saying is that fallen angels often walked among sodom and that these men lusted after them and did, then why would fallen angels allow sinful men to abuse them. If this was the case the fallen angels would come and destroy all those men in revenge, even a holy person would dish out the most painfull revenge, let alone satanic princes.

But it was God who destroyed Sodom and the evil men, people in it, as sodomy was just one of many sins they did.

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #352 on: October 09, 2010, 08:35:24 AM »
According to Enoch, it was the fallen angels who taught men 'science and technology' to make war, and how to make themselves more beautiful with makeup and jewels to attract mates, and witchcraft, and immoral sex, and all kinds of godlessness.

And Azzl taught men to make swords, and knives, and shields, and breastplates, and made known to them the metals of the earth and the art of working them, and bracelets, and ornaments, and the use of antimony, and the beautifying of the eyelids, and all kinds of costly stones, and all colouring tinctures. And there arose much godlessness, and they committed fornication, and they were led astray, and became corrupt in all their ways. Semjz taught enchantments, and root-cuttings, 'Armrs the resolving of enchantments, Barqjl (taught) astrology, Kkabl the constellations, zql the knowledge of the clouds, Araqil the signs of the earth, Shamsil the signs of the sun, and Saril the course of the moon. And as men perished, they cried, and their cry went up to heaven...

--1 Enoch

"you will be like gods"

--Gen 3
« Last Edit: October 09, 2010, 08:52:25 AM by Molly »

Offline micah7:9

• Gold
  • Mic 7:8 Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine ene
« Reply #353 on: October 09, 2010, 09:21:09 AM »
My 2

The war in "heaven" is between my ears until:
He replied, "I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven.
                                                                      Luke 10:18

:thumbsup:
Mic 7:8  Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine enemy, When I have fallen, I have risen, When I sit in darkness Jehovah is a light to me.

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #354 on: October 09, 2010, 10:13:22 AM »
Chapter 1

1 The words of the blessing of Enoch, wherewith he blessed the elect and righteous, who will be

2 living in the day of tribulation,
when all the wicked and godless are to be removed.

And he took up his parable and said -
Enoch a righteous man, whose eyes were opened by God,
saw the vision of the Holy One in the heavens, which the angels showed me, and from them I heard everything, and from them I understood as I saw,
but not for this generation, but for a remote one which is for to come.

3 Concerning the elect I said, and took up my parable concerning them:
..........The Holy Great One will come forth from His dwelling,
4 And the eternal God will tread upon the earth, (even) on Mount Sinai,
..........[And appear from His camp]
..........And appear in the strength of His might from the heaven of heavens.

5 And all shall be smitten with fear
..........And the Watchers shall quake,
..........And great fear and trembling shall seize them unto the ends of the earth.

6 And the high mountains shall be shaken,
..........And the high hills shall be made low,
..........And shall melt like wax before the flame

7 And the earth shall be wholly rent in sunder,
..........And all that is upon the earth shall perish,
..........And there shall be a judgement upon all (men).

8 But with the righteous He will make peace.

And will protect the elect,
And mercy shall be upon them.
And they shall all belong to God,
And they shall be prospered,
And they shall all be blessed.
And He will help them all,
And light shall appear unto them,
And He will make peace with them'.
9 And behold! He cometh with ten thousands of His holy ones

To execute judgement upon all,
And to destroy all the ungodly:
And to convict all flesh
Of all the works of their ungodliness which they have ungodly committed,
And of all the hard things which ungodly sinners have spoken against Him.

--Enoch 1

14And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints,

15To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches which ungodly sinners have spoken against him.

--Jude 1

Quaesitor

« Reply #355 on: October 09, 2010, 03:36:32 PM »
According to Enoch, it was the fallen angels who taught men 'science and technology' to make war, and how to make themselves more beautiful with makeup and jewels to attract mates, and witchcraft, and immoral sex, and all kinds of godlessness.

And Azzl taught men to make swords, and knives, and shields, and breastplates
, and made known to them the metals of the earth and the art of working them, and bracelets, and ornaments, and the use of antimony, and the beautifying of the eyelids, and all kinds of costly stones, and all colouring tinctures. And there arose much godlessness, and they committed fornication, and they were led astray, and became corrupt in all their ways. Semjz taught enchantments, and root-cuttings, 'Armrs the resolving of enchantments, Barqjl (taught) astrology, Kkabl the constellations, zql the knowledge of the clouds, Araqil the signs of the earth, Shamsil the signs of the sun, and Saril the course of the moon. And as men perished, they cried, and their cry went up to heaven...

[/i]
--1 Enoch

"you will be like gods"

--Gen 3

He should have taught men to make rifles, machine guns and bazookas instead, swords are awfully inefficient.
 :laughing7:

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #356 on: October 09, 2010, 04:41:49 PM »

Well, ok.  I just think there are some really interesting things going on here.  The men of sodom really lusted after those angels, meaning to me that this was not something foreign to them.  If I saw an angel for the first time, I don't think it is unbridled lust that would enter my mind first.  I also would consider an angel 'strange flesh' to a human.

Here, the translator puts the angels and sodom in the same sentence, to show they are related.

5Now I want to remind you, although you once fully knew it, that Jesus, who saved a people out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyed those who did not believe.

6And the angels who did not stay within their own position of authority, but left their proper dwelling, he has kept in eternal chains under gloomy darkness until the judgment of the great day 7just as Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding cities, which likewise indulged in sexual immorality and pursued unnatural desire [strange flesh], serve as an example by undergoing a punishment of eternal fire.

--Jude 1

Here, the translator says the angels left their 'princehood' giving reference to the princes mentioned in Daniel, and the princes of this age named in 1 Cor 2:6 and 1 Cor 2:8.

6 And he reserved under darkness angels, that kept not their princehood, but forsook their house, into the doom of the great God, into everlasting bonds. [Soothly angels that kept not his princehood, but forsook his house, he reserved into the doom of great God, in everlasting bonds under darkness.]

The saints are being raised up to to take the place of the fallen princes when Jesus returns to rule the world with his saints in the next age.

1 Samuel 2:8
He raiseth up the poor out of the dust, and lifteth up the beggar from the dunghill, to set them among princes, and to make them inherit the throne of glory: for the pillars of the earth are the LORD's, and he hath set the world upon them.

:cloud9: Wow, Molly. I never noticed the wording of that before. To me, that makes it VERY plain what the Nephilim are, and what they did. That "LIKEWISE" in verse 6 makes it obvious. Their goal in this age is the same as it was in ages past, ie. to gain salvation by mingling seed. My  :2c: Blessings.....
"I would rather train twenty men to pray, than a thousand to preach; A minister's highest mission ought to be to teach his people to pray." -H. MacGregor

Offline eaglesway

• < Moderator >
  • Grace & Peace be multiplied unto you, in Jesus
    • Hell is a Myth.com
« Reply #357 on: October 09, 2010, 04:53:30 PM »
I never noticed that wording either. Very interesting. But if anything I think the Nephilim were the result of what these princes did. Yet, I still have a problem with that because of Jesus statement about the resurrection. He says in the resurrection we are neither male nor female but "like the angels". Some might say this simply means angels don't marry. I take to mean that angels are asexual(their nature transcends sexuality....Jesus was made "for a little while lower than the angels"....) and do not procreate.
The Logos is complete, but it is not completely understood. hellisamyth.webs.com

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #358 on: October 09, 2010, 05:03:52 PM »
 :cloud9: The non-fallen variety are, I believe. But we're talking about fallen ones here, and they do have sexual organs, hard as that is to believe. But if you understand that sex which came from/IS the fruit of the fall, has to do with the rod of authority being "lowered" from the heart area (ark) to reproduce the flesh nature instead of the nature of the Spirit, it's not far-fetched at all. My  :2c: Blessings....
"I would rather train twenty men to pray, than a thousand to preach; A minister's highest mission ought to be to teach his people to pray." -H. MacGregor

Offline eaglesway

• < Moderator >
    • Hell is a Myth.com
« Reply #359 on: October 09, 2010, 05:16:26 PM »
 I have no problem with that as a possibility, in regards to some transformed physical aspect of fallen angels. However I am not convinced that sex if the fruit of the fall.

And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof; And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man. And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man. Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh. And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed.
(Gen 2:21-25)

Adam was created out of clay. The combination of the physical(earth) and the spiritual(breath of life) into a living soul was always Gods intention. Although the nature of sexuality may well have changed in the fall,  think it a stretch to say sex was the fruit of the fall. The multiplication of man was God's plan from the beginning -"Be fruitful and multiply". The method may be in question but there is nothing unholy about sex within its designed context-marriage. "Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and shall cleave to his wife." These words were spoken before the fall.
The Logos is complete, but it is not completely understood. hellisamyth.webs.com

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #360 on: October 09, 2010, 05:29:23 PM »
 :cloud9: I'm discussing original intent vs. what was permitted as a result of the garden, ie. the different "wills" of the Lord, acceptable, good, perfect. Jesus, the pattern Son, didn't have a natural wife or have sex, and He fulfilled the law (whatever God speaks, in the INTENT or Spirit of it) perfectly, including leaving and cleaving.

Ever think about who was Adam's father and mother that he had to leave to cleave? Blessings....

Offline micah7:9

• Gold
  • Mic 7:8 Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine ene
« Reply #361 on: October 09, 2010, 05:30:33 PM »
I have no problem with that as a possibility, in regards to some transformed physical aspect of fallen angels. However I am not convinced that sex if the fruit of the fall.

And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof; And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man. And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man. Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh. And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed.
(Gen 2:21-25)

Adam was created out of clay. The combination of the physical(earth) and the spiritual(breath of life) into a living soul was always Gods intention. Although the nature of sexuality may well have changed in the fall,  think it a stretch to say sex was the fruit of the fall. The multiplication of man was God's plan from the beginning -"Be fruitful and multiply". The method may be in question but there is nothing unholy about sex within its designed context-marriage. "Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and shall cleave to his wife." These words were spoken before the fall.

Very Good I like that.
Mic 7:8  Thou dost not rejoice over me, O mine enemy, When I have fallen, I have risen, When I sit in darkness Jehovah is a light to me.

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #362 on: October 09, 2010, 05:37:11 PM »
:cloud9: The non-fallen variety are, I believe. But we're talking about fallen ones here, and they do have sexual organs, hard as that is to believe. But if you understand that sex which came from/IS the fruit of the fall, has to do with the rod of authority being "lowered" from the heart area (ark) to reproduce the flesh nature instead of the nature of the Spirit, it's not far-fetched at all. My  :2c: Blessings....

Oh my goodness, that's why Satan caused Adam to fall--it wasn't just to murder him--but to also bring every man into the realm of the carnal because the carnal is at enmity with God [and thus in Satan's camp].  What you said also about mingling his seed with man's--an effort to keep it always this way--man forever at enmity with God?  But like iron mixed with soft clay, the two will not mingle.  Satan generally knew God's plan for man, and wanted to thwart it in any way possible.  But, God turned it on its head, hiding us in Christ--he is not just in us, we are in him.

2The LORD said to him, "What is that in your hand?" He said, "A staff." 3And he said, "Throw it on the ground." So he threw it on the ground, and it became a serpent, and Moses ran from it.

4But the LORD said to Moses, "Put out your hand and catch it by the tail"so he put out his hand and caught it, and it became a staff in his hand

--Exodus 4

John 12:34
The crowd spoke up, "We have heard from the Law that the Christ will remain forever, so how can you say, 'The Son of Man must be lifted up'? Who is this 'Son of Man'?"
« Last Edit: October 09, 2010, 05:48:01 PM by Molly »

Offline eaglesway

• < Moderator >
    • Hell is a Myth.com
« Reply #363 on: October 09, 2010, 06:03:15 PM »
 My :2c: :0) Adam had no mother and father to cleave or leave, as the first man, created. The purposes hidden within his creation were preliminary to the purposes of Jesus, the pattern son.

For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of Him who subjected it, in hope(a forward view not an inconclusive wish) that the creation itself also will be set free from its slavery to corruption into the freedom of the glory of the children of God.
(Rom 8:20-21)

Adams purpose was multiplication and "subjection to futility"(For from Him....). Jesus' purpose was redemption, reclamation, new creation, light from darkness, order from chaos(...through Him...). The end result being a multitude as the sands on the sea and the stars in the sky- in harmonious fellowship, celebration, and union within the allness of God(....and to Him are all things, that God may be all in all). The method and purpose of Jesus reproduction(creation of life giving spirits) is different than the creation of living souls. It is all a seamless convergence of various aspects of one great plan.

So, I was merely saying that sexuality was created before the fall for a designated and holy purpose and therefore IMO is not the fruit of the fall. The fall has merely obscured that purpose and distorted it.

The relationship between God's purposes in the physical creation and the realm of the spirit/eternity are not opposed, they are united and growing towards a glorious unity.

For we know that the whole creation groans and suffers the pains of childbirth together until now. And not only this, but also we ourselves, having the first fruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting eagerly for our adoption as sons, the redemption of our body.
(Rom 8:22-23)

Offline Redlettervoice

« Reply #364 on: October 09, 2010, 06:27:26 PM »
Quote from: Cardinal: Nephilim . Their goal in this age is the same as it was in ages past, ie. to gain salvation by mingling seed. My  :2c: Blessings.....
[/quote

Offline Lefein

• Bronze
« Reply #365 on: October 09, 2010, 07:55:14 PM »
God made our flesh.  The Fall did not.

Satan did not bless man and woman with intimacy through physical oneness and pleasure.  God alone gives us good things.

The fruit of our body, children, the creative act of one couple is the result of sexual activity, intimacy, oneness.  Satan only perverted Intimacy by bastardising it into Lust.

What God intended for good, Satan turned into harm.

Conviction, vs. Condemnation

Intimacy, vs. Lust.

Righteous, vs. Carnal

Yet shall God turn what Satan intended for harm, into glory.

The flesh is not evil by its own will, it is diseased because Death riddles the natural world.

The Fall of Creation was not just being cast out of paradise, it was the fall of the Supernatural - enhanced, pure, pristine, beautiful Reality into a marred form, merely Natural.  Satan separated Natural from that which made it Super: Life (God).
« Last Edit: October 09, 2010, 07:58:50 PM by Lefein »
CLV: Proverbs 10:12 Hatred, it rouses up quarrels, Yet love covers over all transgressions.
KJV: Proverbs 10:12 Hatred stirreth up strifes: but love covereth all sins.

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #366 on: October 09, 2010, 08:42:45 PM »

The word "fall," at times, can imply that the Lord is not Sovereign.

Nothing fell that He did not declare to be fallen.

Plan, perhaps, is the operative.

Offline Lefein

• Bronze
« Reply #367 on: October 09, 2010, 08:51:55 PM »
I was using common terminology :)
CLV: Proverbs 10:12 Hatred, it rouses up quarrels, Yet love covers over all transgressions.

Offline thinktank

• Silver
« Reply #368 on: October 09, 2010, 11:09:28 PM »

And Azzl taught men to make swords, and knives, and shields, and breastplates, and made known to them the metals of the earth and the art of working them, and bracelets, and ornaments, and the use of antimony, and the beautifying of the eyelids, and all kinds of costly stones, and all colouring tinctures. And there arose much godlessness, and they committed fornication, and they were led astray, and became corrupt in all their ways. Semjz taught enchantments, and root-cuttings, 'Armrs the resolving of enchantments, Barqjl (taught) astrology, Kkabl the constellations, zql the knowledge of the clouds, Araqil the signs of the earth, Shamsil the signs of the sun, and Saril the course of the moon. And as men perished, they cried, and their cry went up to heaven...

--1 Enoch

"you will be like gods"

--Gen 3

enoch vs the bible

11 I decked thee also with ornaments, and I put bracelets upon thy hands, and a chain on thy neck. 12 And I put a jewel on thy forehead, [6] and earrings in thine ears, and a beautiful crown upon thine head. 13

ezekiel16
15 But thou didst trust in thine own beauty, and playedst the harlot because of thy renown, and pouredst out thy fornications on every one that passed by; his it was. 16 And of thy garments thou didst take, and deckedst thy high places with divers colours, and playedst the harlot thereupon: the like things shall not come, neither shall it be so. 17 Thou hast also taken thy fair jewels of my gold and of my silver, which I had given thee, and madest to thyself images of men, [7] and didst commit whoredom with them, 18 And tookest thy broidered garments, and coveredst them: and thou hast set mine oil and mine incense before them. 19 My meat also which I gave thee, fine flour, and oil, and honey, wherewith I fed thee, thou hast even set it before them for a sweet [8] savour: and thus it was, saith the Lord GOD. 20 Moreover thou hast taken thy sons and thy daughters, whom thou hast borne unto me, and these hast thou sacrificed unto them to be devoured. Is this of thy whoredoms a small matter, 21 That thou hast slain my children, and delivered them to cause them to pass through the fire for them? 22 And in all thine abominations and thy whoredoms thou hast not remembered the days of thy youth, when thou wast naked and bare, and wast polluted in thy blood.

The bold parts are Gods blessings towards people. The underlined parts are mans iniquity who sacrifice their kids to devils.

See that God is the one who gives blessings, but it is the devils who thieve take and destroy. Enoch however says that it is the fallen angels that bless mnakind with silver, tools, swords, etc. The only evil that they give in the chapter are the enchantments and sorcorery. The rest are Gods, for he owns the silver and gold of the earth and everything in it, that to me is another indication that the book of enoch that we have access too is not inspired, otherwise it would be included in the bible. I do belive however that there is a genuine book of enoch out there that is inspired and may be part of the dead sea scrolls, which have yet to be revealed.

Offline Lefein

• Bronze
« Reply #369 on: October 09, 2010, 11:12:42 PM »
Being a bit of a "I love my bible dag nabbit! and I like trusting that it is accurate!" sort of guy myself...

I wonder what would happen if a new book (inspired, and consistent with the Bible) did indeed arise from the Dead Sea Scrolls or some similar source...

>_>

Especially to those who claim (accurately or not) that the Bible is absolutely complete.

Quaesitor

« Reply #370 on: October 09, 2010, 11:17:57 PM »
If it was to explain how "fallen angels" mated with women, it would be quite useless.

Offline Cardinal

• < Moderator >
« Reply #371 on: October 10, 2010, 03:46:36 AM »
:cloud9: The non-fallen variety are, I believe. But we're talking about fallen ones here, and they do have sexual organs, hard as that is to believe. But if you understand that sex which came from/IS the fruit of the fall, has to do with the rod of authority being "lowered" from the heart area (ark) to reproduce the flesh nature instead of the nature of the Spirit, it's not far-fetched at all. My  :2c: Blessings....

Oh my goodness, that's why Satan caused Adam to fall--it wasn't just to murder him--but to also bring every man into the realm of the carnal because the carnal is at enmity with God [and thus in Satan's camp].  What you said also about mingling his seed with man's--an effort to keep it always this way--man forever at enmity with God?  But like iron mixed with soft clay, the two will not mingle.  Satan generally knew God's plan for man, and wanted to thwart it in any way possible.  But, God turned it on its head, hiding us in Christ--he is not just in us, we are in him.

2The LORD said to him, "What is that in your hand?" He said, "A staff." 3And he said, "Throw it on the ground." So he threw it on the ground, and it became a serpent, and Moses ran from it.

4But the LORD said to Moses, "Put out your hand and catch it by the tail"so he put out his hand and caught it, and it became a staff in his hand

--Exodus 4

The crowd spoke up, "We have heard from the Law that the Christ will remain forever, so how can you say, 'The Son of Man must be lifted up'? Who is this 'Son of Man'?"

:cloud9: Think about it.....his only way out of endless judgment from the angels falling, is to become one with the ones (man) who are gaining redemption....possession doesn't get them into the bloodline that is being cleansed; mingling the seed by union, DOES. Blessings....

Offline Molly

• Gold
« Reply #372 on: October 10, 2010, 04:31:58 AM »

--Exodus 4

:cloud9: Think about it.....his only way out of endless judgment from the angels falling, is to become one with the ones (man) who are gaining redemption....possession doesn't get them into the bloodline that is being cleansed; mingling the seed by union, DOES. Blessings....

By union, yes, amen!

Hebrews 7:19
For the law made nothing perfect, but the bringing in of a better hope did; by the which we draw nigh unto God.

1 John 3:2
Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #373 on: October 10, 2010, 04:54:07 AM »

Look at the Lord Jesus Christ and you see the form of God.

"Philip says unto Him, Lord, show us the Father, and it suffices us. Jesus said unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet have you not known Me, Philip? He that has seen Me has seen the Father; and how can you say then, Show us the Father?" (Jn. 14:8-9).

"My little children, of whom I travail in birth again, until Christ be FORMED IN YOU" (Gal. 4:19).

Offline Beloved Servant

• Gold
  • David's sling
« Reply #374 on: October 10, 2010, 06:01:37 AM »

I Cor. 6:17; "He that is joined unto the Lord IS ONE SPIRIT."

One Spirit!