God had the plan for the sacrifice of his son, but if man had not sinned it would have not been carried out. He knew the mind of men and provided for every possibility. It was still man's choice that drove the consequence of each covenant, whether for good or for evil.If that is what you think then you rate the knowledge of God lower than I do.
There are no IFs for God. He knew Adam and Eve who sin before they were created. He knows every choice mankind will make from before creation. He even knows I would type this post before I was born.
But you make it sound as if Father didn't really know for sure men would sin and because of that He added a backup plan called "Jesus". Man sinning was no more that a good guess. By your defenition God is very smart but not all knowing.
And THAT is where you are very wrong.
There are many events which transpired, in the scriptures, which never entered the mind of God, [Jer 19:5] They have built also the high places of Baal, to burn their sons with fire for burnt offerings unto Baal, which I commanded not, nor spake it, neither came it into my mind:
[Jer 32:35] And they built the high places of Baal, which are in the valley of the son of Hinnom, to cause their sons and their daughters to pass through the fire unto Molech; which I commanded them not, neither came it into my mind
that they should do this abomination to cause Judah to sin.
And, if God foreknew everything, why did he continually repent of his intentions toward his people?
Exo 32:11 And Moses besought the LORD his God
, and said, LORD, why doth thy wrath wax hot against thy people, which thou hast brought forth out of the land of Egypt with great power, and with a mighty hand?
12 Wherefore should the Egyptians speak, and say, For mischief did he bring them out, to slay them in the mountains, and to consume them from the face of the earth? Turn from thy fierce wrath, and repent of this evil against thy people.
13 Remember Abraham, Isaac, and Israel, thy servants, to whom thou swarest by thine own self, and saidst unto them, I will multiply your seed as the stars of heaven, and all this land that I have spoken of will I give unto your seed, and they shall inherit it for ever.
14 And the LORD repented of the evil which he thought to do unto his people.
GOD WILL, AND DOES REPENT
1. Gen 6:6 And it repented the LORD
that he had made man on the
earth, and it grieved him at his heart.
2. Gen 6:7 And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me
that I have made them.
3. Exo 32:12 Wherefore should the Egyptians speak, and say, For mischief did he bring them out, to slay them in the mountains, and to consume them from the face of the earth? Turn from thy fierce wrath, and repent of this evil against thy people.
4. Exo 32:14 And the LORD repented of the evil which he thought to do unto his people.
5. Deut 32:36 For the LORD shall judge his people, and repent himself
for his servants
, when he seeth that their power is gone, and there is none shut up, or left.
6. Jdgs 2:18 And when the LORD raised them up judges, then the LORD was with the judge, and delivered them out of the hand of their enemies all the days of the judge: for it repented the LORD
because of their groanings by reason of them that oppressed them and vexed them.
7. 1 Sam 15:11 It repenteth me that I have set up Saul to be king
: for he is turned back from following me, and hath not performed my commandments. And it grieved Samuel; and he cried unto the LORD all night.
8. 1 Sam 15:35 And Samuel came no more to see Saul until the day of his
death: nevertheless Samuel mourned for Saul: and the LORD repented
that he had made Saul king over Israel.
9. 2 Sam 24:16 And when the angel stretched out his hand upon Jerusalem to destroy it, the LORD repented him of the evil
, and said to the angel that destroyed the people, It is enough: stay now thine hand. And the angel of the LORD was by the threshingplace of Araunah the Jebusite.
10. 1 Chron 21:15 And God sent an angel unto Jerusalem to destroy it: and as he was destroying, the LORD beheld, and he repented him of the evil
, and said to the angel that destroyed, It is enough, stay now thine hand. And the angel of the LORD stood by the threshingfloor of Ornan the Jebusite.
11. Psalm 90:13 Return, O LORD, how long? and let it repent thee concerning thy servants.
12. Psalm 106:45 And he remembered for them his covenant, and repented according to the multitude of his mercies.
13. Psalm 135:14 For the LORD will judge his people, and he will repent himself concerning his servants.
14. Jer 18:8 If that nation, against whom I have pronounced, turn from their evil, I will repent of the evil that I thought to do unto them.
15. Jer 18:10 If it do evil in my sight, that it obey not my voice, then I will repent of the good, wherewith I said I would benefit them.
16. Jer 26:3 If so be they will hearken, and turn every man from his evil way, that I may repent me of the evil, which I purpose to do unto them because of the evil of their doings.
17. Jer 26:13 Therefore now amend your ways and your doings, and obey the voice of the LORD your God; and the LORD will repent him of the evil that he hath pronounced against you.
18. Jer 26:19 Did Hezekiah king of Judah and all Judah put him at all to death? did he not fear the LORD, and besought the LORD, and the LORD repented him of the evil which he had pronounced against them? Thus might we procure great evil against our souls.
19. Jer 42:10 If ye will still abide in this land, then will I build you, and not pull you down, and I will plant you, and not pluck you up: for I repent me of the evil that I have done unto you.
20. Joel 2:13 And rend your heart, and not your garments, and turn unto the LORD your God: for he is gracious and merciful, slow to anger, and of great kindness, and repenteth him of the evil.
21. Amos 7:3 The LORD repented for this: It shall not be, saith the LORD.
22. Amos 7:6 The LORD repented for this: This also shall not be, saith the Lord GOD.
23. Jonah 3:9 Who can tell if God will turn and repent, and turn away from his fierce anger, that we perish not?
24. Jonah 3:10 And God saw their works, that they turned from their evil way; and God repented of the evil, that he had said that he would do unto them; and he did it not.
God is not a man that he should repent, but as God, he repents when men change to do his will.