Author Topic: "Saints" have claimed that most of Humanity based on much time in prayer  (Read 1033 times)

Offline Universalist Catholic

Okay, Im wondering, why would someone who spends so much time in prayer be drawn to the conclusion that only a few would be saved.  I am very sure God would not lie to them.  But one must wonder how spending this much time in prayer would lead people to this conclusion.  Im assuming that they reached this conclusion from the "Broad and the Narrow Path" from the Gospel of Matthew. 

Someone of a traditionalist Catholic Church drew this conclusion by reasoning of this sermon by St. Leonard of Port Maurice.  The reason he supposedly gained this info was through spending time in prayer.

http://www.olrl.org/snt_docs/fewness.shtml

Paul Hazelwood

Simple, the more exclusive a belief is, the more special a person can feel.   It is actually evidence for a carnal conclusion.  I mean sure God loves everyone, but oh how special someone is that they are one of the few that will make it.

Offline Universalist Catholic

Hell seems based a lot on a desire to be above everyone else as one of the chosen.  I know I still have tendencies to be on top, but I could never be a hellwisher.

Offline WhiteWings

• Gold
  • Yahshua heals
    • My sites
Okay, Im wondering, why would someone who spends so much time in prayer be drawn to the conclusion that only a few would be saved.
Because almost all people are biased. They are not open for new things. They read everything through 'a model'.
A Calvinist that does some home study after a fire and brimstone sermon will understand everything as hell and damnation.

Someone of a traditionalist Catholic Church drew this conclusion by reasoning of this sermon by St. Leonard of Port Maurice.  The reason he supposedly gained this info was through spending time in prayer.
The "St." title does mean only one thing: Leonard was good at giving sermons on an already established belief system. 1st came RCC then the sermon. Not the other way around. If he would have preached a different view he would have been heretic Leonard that got executed by church.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2010, 03:57:00 PM by WhiteWings »
1 Timothy 2:3-4  ...God our Savior;  Who will have all men to be saved...
John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous ...